Purchase older strand gear

Smiffy

Hi guys:

I'm in need of some Patt 123's Complete with Barn Doors, and also Patt 23's with Gobo Holders (if they exist? I can't remember ever using a 23 with a gobo)

Possibly about 12 of each, and they need to be in a useable working condition, with Colour Frames, etc

Does anyone have any pointers on where they can be rented or purchased from?

While I'm about it, some of the old strand (?) stands would be handy too. Its so long since I saw one however they had three 'feet' that were a cast metal, with a relatively narrow diameter upright which was extendable. If anyone know's what they were actually called I'd appreciate knowing their name.

I'm going to give White Light a call in the morning, but any other suggestions and answers on the strand stand thing much appreciated.

Cheers

Smiffy

Hi guys:

I'm in need of some Patt 123's Complete with Barn Doors, and also Patt 23's with Gobo Holders (if they exist? I can't remember ever using a 23 with a gobo)

Possibly about 12 of each, and they need to be in a useable working condition, with Colour Frames, etc

Does anyone have any pointers on where they can be rented or purchased from?

While I'm about it, some of the old strand (?) stands would be handy too. Its so long since I saw one however they had three 'feet' that were a cast metal, with a relatively narrow diameter upright which was extendable. If anyone know's what they were actually called I'd appreciate knowing their name.

I'm going to give White Light a call in the morning, but any other suggestions and answers on the strand stand thing much appreciated.

Cheers

Smiffy

So, what you're after is some vintage stage lighting?

Sorry, couldn't resist :P

you could certainly get gobo holders for pat 23s. About 20 of them gave quite a good break-up cover on a 20ft by 20ft stage.... :rolleyes: given the modern alternatives, I don't think I'd want to use them for anything requiring sharp definition...

I seem to remember seeing the word "Seecol" cast into the metal bases of the monopod stands you're referring to... don't know if that's any use to help search.. there was a thread on here some time ago, but there (as I recall) was an element of confusion as to whether they were lighting or microphone stands.

Ian - Go and stand in the corner! http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Tim - Thank you please!

Cheers

S

oops. Posted at the same time Andy.

Thanks for the stand info. I'll have a bit of a google....

I just did - and came up with two things of interest - one was a reference to Andy Collier (who I worked with last year) dropping a seecol stand on his foot (!) and the other was this: DRP Lighting. on the stands page are pictures of seecol and (slightly more up to date) strand monopods. I'd treat with caution, as only a mobile phone number is given, but nothing ventured......

23s sell for good (very good) money on Fleabay. You might be lucky to get them cheap as others will have noticed this. I've got about a dozen to flog, but need time to sort them and get them listed. They've sold in the past for £70 without being polished up! :blink:

That's the sort of thing I'm after Andrew. Working and 'retro' is very much the vibe here. It's for a no money music tour on this occasion, and so if we can't afford them, then they aint going on the show. I've yet to come to terms with an acceptably 'in-budget' control solution, that I'm going to be happy using.... That however, will not be retro http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

That's the sort of thing I'm after Andrew. Working and 'retro' is very much the vibe here. It's for a no money music tour on this occasion, and so if we can't afford them, then they aint going on the show. I've yet to come to terms with an acceptably 'in-budget' control solution, that I'm going to be happy using.... That however, will not be retro http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Got a 520 if you get desperate Smiffy!

Jim Laws should have these quantities - he has serious stock of Strand lanterns and spares in all states of restoration. We buy Stand spares from him for our 243s we're still using, and he's bought many 23s and 123s off us in the past.

Archived