Problems with CPC

KevinE

If you are having goods delivered to a different address, then I suspect they're doing a credit check on you because the credit card is not guaranteed - and they could have goods with you and not get the money. So you're asking for credit, a promise to pay.

I can't see the problem. Sure - it's very annoying when you want things quickly, but CPC were a business supplier, who started accepting orders from non-account holders. You cannot expect cheap prices and excellent service if there's additional risk. If you spend £50 a month, open a proper credit account, and get the goods - then pay the bill. Once you have a proper account, they don't care about where it's delivered!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul, I thought about your suggestion, and whether the point of a credit card was that the card company took the risk with me, so the retailer didn't have to take a risk? I pondered whether to get an account, then something happened:

By 10am today the order had changed to 'received'. By midday the parcel had turned up on the job. The only problem seems to be with the website system.

:blink:

I suspect the order has to manually approved to get into the system.

If you don't deliver to the cardholders address, then you stand the risk of a chargeback - which you can't do anything about, because they simply deduct it from their next payment to you. Same problem with customer not present transactions. Fraud is higher, so the credit card company pass the risk on. Glad you got it!

Archived