Problems with CPC

KevinE

Applied for an account 8 weeks ago so we could send kit to site direct.

Last week, Saw we now had 2 'offer' catalogues tip up each week, and one has a different account number on it.

Others ordered some kit. Order cancelled. no phone call, no email. If I hadn't checked, We wouldn't have the parts.

Called accounts to ask whats going on. 'you need 2 trade references'. Told them we supplied that. Re emailed them the info again. (one referee being screwfix, where we have a £5k limit). Ltd company been trading years, good credit rating etc. Have an existing cash account with cpc for past 4 or so years.

Emailed accounts on Monday. No Reply.

Emailed accounts this morning. No Reply.

I'm trying really hard to switch to cpc from RS. They aren't making it easy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add to my problems above, on the last 4 orders I have put through (all at different times over the last month) when I (finally) got the invoice through the price shown is the list price rather than the discounted price I was given on the phone when I placed the order. Email sent to accounts and no reply to acknowledge it, but out of the blue on Friday credit notes turned up (at our head office address, not where I need it).

A month after the invoice date, assuming the Credit notes arrives at my office in Monday's post, I will be able to sign the invoices off for payment and they will get paid this week. Some companies really don't make it easy to give them money :)

Nick

Well, our saga is still ongoing. Called accounts directly. 'You are missing trade references, email them in'. Told them this would be the third time. Oh, we will give you a direct email address'. Sent email middle of last week. Still no reply. Sent email on friday asking if he'd got the email. (It had a read receipt, which showed as read), but no reply.

Although rs are more expensive, this is now getting silly. CHRIS, where are you !!!.

Guys (and Girls),

If you have any issues with CPC please give me a call in the office or drop me the details on an email to cbeesley@cpc.co.uk - we are human and do care about our customers :hug:

probably on the end of his email....

Thanks Rob - you will make a good secretary one day :** laughs out loud **:

@ emsgeorge... can you forward full details of your troubles to me at chris.beesley@cpc.co.uk and I will chase this for you. As Rob said im in the US at the moment, flying back tonight but I still have good access to emails and will do what I can to resolve this.

I've phoned twice a day every day this week and asked to speak to our account manager to place an order of over £5,000. Every time she hasn't been available and I have left my number for her to call back every time.

The order is still sitting on my desk...

Might go apply for an account with RS.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Placed an order just over 24 hours ago, nothing's happened :( Still "received" with all lines "pending". I think one of the cpc guys told me before that things take a little longer when I'm not having things delivered to the credit card address, but I can't understand why; admittedly spending about £50 a month with you I'm not a big customer, but on the same level you shouldn't have to worry about fraud where I'm spending a total of £50 on 19 different items.

On the plus side, you're not the only one. Audiospares and Toolstation have both frustrated me today; the former got Fedex to send me the first bit of tracking details but Fedex's website hasn't yet heard of it, whereas Toolstation sent me Parcelforce tracking, which says my parcel was logged with them but not collected. Perhaps if I didn't have the ability to find out if it will likely be here tomorrow, I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived