Scart Cables

gareth

Can anyone recommend a good, cheap supplier of scart cables? I need fairly decent quality, but not stupidly expensive. Tried CPC's website last night, but their online catalogue and search facility is so awful that it almost made my head explode so I gave up. :)

Dixons, Comet, Maplin.

Thanks for the suggestions. To be honest, I'd automatically written Dixons and Comet off as over-priced high street retailers, but if you reckon they're worth a go then I'll give them a try.

Oh, and I should have mentioned in my first post that I've already looked at Maplin as well .... the Nikkai ones that they sell for about 12 or 13 quid look like they could do the job (halfway-decent cables that don't cost an arm and a leg), but any alternative suggestions are appreciated.

Dixons, Comet, Maplin.

Thanks for the suggestions. To be honest, I'd automatically written Dixons and Comet off as over-priced high street retailers, but if you reckon they're worth a go then I'll give them a try.

Oh, and I should have mentioned in my first post that I've already looked at Maplin as well .... the Nikkai ones that they sell for about 12 or 13 quid look like they could do the job (halfway-decent cables that don't cost an arm and a leg), but any alternative suggestions are appreciated.

A scart cable from DSG (dixons store group inc, dixons, currys Pc world and the Link) will cost about £15 for 1m. The sainsburys near us have some for cheaper IIRC.

£15 a metre!! Jeezzus!!!

CPC is your friend, even if the web site is #####. "High quality" 5m lead £7.28 ex. or 10m for £6.63, About page 138 in the paper catalogue, which is the Audio/Video equipment & accessories section.

I just bought on eof the 0.75m Nikkai "Pure Connectivity" ones from Maplin, just to see what they're like. I think I might have to get hold of a copy of CPC's paper catalogue - it sounds like they do stuff like this at rock bottom prices, but I gave up with them simply couldn't handle their awful website.

I just bought on eof the 0.75m Nikkai "Pure Connectivity" ones from Maplin, just to see what they're like. I think I might have to get hold of a copy of CPC's paper catalogue - it sounds like they do stuff like this at rock bottom prices, but I gave up with them simply couldn't handle their awful website.

That's their new "improved" site you're talking about! (Shocking isn't it?) Try here for some entries under SCART. If you can find them, the blue jacketed cables are a good balance of cost/quality. I have a bin full at work.

Andrew

CPCs website is incredibly bad, isn't it. But persevere - they do some very good kit at reasonable prices. At work, we have all but stopped using RS now, except for stuff CPC don't carry.

See if you can get hold of one of their paper catalogues - it's about as thick as a couple of phone books. Even an old one is useful - virtually all colleges/universities/schools will have an account, and many industrial places. Find someone with an account and ask for their old catalogue when the new one comes out!

You can then check the prices on the website.

I bought some stuff from them yesterday - 100m of microphone cable, a gooseneck light for a mixer, and some other bits and pieces. Placed the order yesterday afternoon, and it arrived (in Glasgow) at 10 this morning. Free delivery if you spend over 30 quid and next day service.

I ordered it thru our corporate account (and so got the discount!) but paid with my own credit card.

Bruce.

Are the "blue jacketed" scart cables from CPC, described above, from the same family as their blue-jacketed VGA cables?

If so, they're likely to be excellent quality. They are re-packaged VDC products, and the last time I bought some it was cheaper to get them directly from VDC.

http://www.vdctrading.com/, but their online catalogue is currently unavailable...

Bruce.

Are the "blue jacketed" scart cables from CPC, described above,  from the same family as their blue-jacketed VGA cables?

If so, they're likely to be excellent quality. They are re-packaged VDC products, and the last time I bought some it was cheaper to get them directly from VDC.

Bruce.

Could be. I've not had any blue VGAs from them, but I'll try to check when at my desk. I don't have the strength to try and find details on their www!

Just to add, catalogues are free from CPC, well they were when I got mine via the old site, but the link to request one seems to have gone, might be worth trying via the basic request help form, and yes the new website is awful, I much preferred the old one.

What makes the new one worse is the categories don't match with the catalogue any more, and there is no way to get to the main category when you find a relevant product via the search, so you can't easily see all the others and find the cheapest one.

PN

Archived