Flame Lights

shaggy555

Hi guys... Just a quick question.

I am looking for some (2 poss. 3) Flame effect lights, projector type not silk flames, for our upcoming production of les mis... and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. We have a limited budget (as always!!!) and I am looking for some sub £100 units, I have looked at Terrelec Infernos and they seem the kind of thing I'm after, any opinions?

Ta

The Showtec Inferno isn't that bad for the price (about £70) - it's only a 250W ELC lamp so a bit dim if you're trying to use it on a bright stage and expect to compete with anything - that said I know a small dance troupe that used about 4 of them on a small stage for one number and it was very effective.

Without a doubt the VSFX projector will look much better - White Light is probably your best bet for hiring one.

The Showtec Inferno isn't that bad for the price (about £70) - it's only a 250W ELC lamp so a bit dim if you're trying to use it on a bright stage and expect to compete with anything - that said I know a small dance troupe that used about 4 of them on a small stage for one number and it was very effective.

Without a doubt the VSFX projector will look much better - White Light is probably your best bet for hiring one.

Ive seen the terralec inferno's in action they would be ideal

The production will take place in our school hall, blacked out fairly effectively (I'm hoping to have the windows painted!), with lots of haze / smoke and a fair bit of (dim-ish) up-lighting hidden within the "barricade" (pulse LED Pars)... So do you think 2 inferno's hung from the rig (approx 4.5m high) will be enough to cover approx 8m of performance area? ( I'm only looking for a suggestion of flames and a bit of movement)

Thanks...

...2 inferno's hung from the rig (approx 4.5m high) will be enough to cover approx 8m of performance area?

What beam angle do they have? Once you know that it's very easy to answer the question.

Archived