Selecon Pacific 12°-28° Lamp??

hodgeydodgy

Hi I've got a Selecon Pacific 12°-28° with a blue lamp base, I couldn't tell you what Lamp Base it is but I think an unusual thing is about this blue lamp base as all others have been red. Now I've tired a GKV600W which the supplier told us to get but it was very dim and flickered slightly?? Really need some help with this.

Thanks Jake

Should of said as well, it's on a 15amp running straight to a Zero88 bettapack 3 dimmer.

Blue Handles mean a lamp base designed for GKV600W or GKV800W.

Red handles are for BP1000W.

So the dimness and flickering is not related to your lamp choice. Must be your dimmer, or a loose cable, maybe.

(Anyone know why they didn't choose Blue for the bases that take Blue Pinch lamps? Weird.)

Blue Handles mean a lamp base designed for GKV600W or GKV800W.

Red handles are for BP1000W.

So the dimness and flickering is not related to your lamp choice. Must be your dimmer, or a loose cable, maybe.

The only thing with the GKV600W was that it didn't fully sit in the lamp base and about half wouldn't go in but I'll look in to the possible dimmer issue.

Thanks

In that case your lamp base may be damaged (arcing can cause corrosion and make it difficult to get the lamp in) and may need to be replaced.

OR: Someone has fitted a red handle to a lamp module that shouldn't have one.

The fact that you could get it in a bit leads me to suspect a bad lamp base. Does one of the holes in the lamp base look burned or toasted? Or very black and not at all shiny?

In that case your lamp base may be damaged (arcing can cause corrosion and make it difficult to get the lamp in) and may need to be replaced.

OR: Someone has fitted a red handle to a lamp module that shouldn't have one.

The fact that you could get it in a bit leads me to suspect a bad lamp base. Does one of the holes in the lamp base look burned or toasted? Or very black and not at all shiny?

No not at all there brand new lanterns we just never got the lamps supplied.

Maybe you were just a bit too gentle with it then... The red Blue base is definitely for the GKV600.

Did you try it both ways round? I seem to recall GKVs can be difficult to fit (there being no big nice heatsink to get hold of like a HPL) and sometimes seem to fit better one way than the other, despite looking symmetrical.

Source:

http://www.seleconli...tion_manual.pdf

• 1 month later...

yes, definately gkv 600 in the blue bases.. probably the micro switch.. sometimes the base doesnt sit quite right in the housing as the plastic 'ears' arent in properly, leading to the switch not being depressed (fully) and the lamp seeming dim as its not aligned correctly.

Take it off, and then refit it, make sure the ears go in properly and the switch clicks as you reset it.

Pacifics should be plenty bright enough.

Getting the lamps (once you are sure you have the right ones) into the base can be a bu**er. I was proper confused why mine didn't work first off until I realised that lamp would push in a further 1/2 inch if I tried hard enough. Should be easier when you come to relamp them.

Archived