NEBOSH or IOSH

I've done IOSH and it was deadly dull, taught me very little and was a waste of a day. But hey, its another certificate, and I'm competent now...

(DISCLAIMER: The quality of training is entirely dependent on where you go. County Council inhouse teams aren't necessarily the most dynamic individuals on the planet)

I've done IOSH and it was deadly dull, taught me very little and was a waste of a day. But hey, its another certificate, and I'm competent now...

(DISCLAIMER: The quality of training is entirely dependent on where you go. County Council inhouse teams aren't necessarily the most dynamic individuals on the planet)

I did a five day IOSH Managing Safely course and found it most interesting and felt I learnt a lot. Mind you it was with a group of like minded theatre practitioners which I'm sure helped.

In your opinions gentleman which would be the best a NEBOSH or an IOSH?

Which of their products are you thinking of? A one day course? A Diploma? What do you want to get out of the course? Are you lookng for professional accreditation or membership?

Well said, Simon. What needs to be remembered is that these are "products" and are things one "purchases", usually for a specific purpose.

Neither pathway is "best" other than in specifics. What you need or want is where you should start and you "can" become an affiliate IOSH member without NEBOSH but need significant H&S experience to back up your application.

In my humble opinion, set qualifications on H&S are of limited use without significant CPD work. Things are changing so fast I can hardly keep up. The Dreamscape compensation ruling possibly extending "duty of care" and the "reduction of the burdens on business" project may have significant effects on H&S training in the near future so CPD is more important than what could be seen as outdated qualifications.

Archived