HGV routing/times

ceecrb1

Not being an HGV driver, I have to be in "La Coruña" (from valencia) on saturday morning with my OB truck....

Just trying to find online a googlemaps/via michelin which will actually give the option of doing the route as a truck, to work out times and possible locations as to where the tacho will run out so the office can book me a hotel...

anybody got any ideas?

Colin, do not forget that the first rock tour halted through WTD in conjunction with driving hours was in Spain. If you have worked all week and done some longish hours you may not be (legally) allowed to drive at all.

Your gaffer should take care of all the regs and organise things but from your previous posts that may be problematic. Best of luck.

yeah that parts all good..

I´m just the truck builder and quality control tech/engineer.. dont have a licence..

the driver is another tech/sparky I know well and trust.... Hes unemployed at the moment so well rested!

Not being an HGV driver, I have to be in "La Coruña" (from valencia) on saturday morning with my OB truck....

Just trying to find online a googlemaps/via michelin which will actually give the option of doing the route as a truck, to work out times and possible locations as to where the tacho will run out so the office can book me a hotel...

anybody got any ideas?

The last time I did that run you were looking at 12-14hours of driving, however that was 7 / 8 years ago so the roads may have improved. I would be looking to get somewhere between Tordesillas and Ponferrada on the A6 in a shift. As I remember it, there used to be a nice Truck stop around Tordesillas, but as I say that was a good few years ago now. Remember also, that although the European maximum driving in any one day is 10 hours, most of the Northern Guardia Civil still try and inforce the old Spanish 9 hour maximum.

yeah that parts all good..

I´m just the truck builder and quality control tech/engineer.. dont have a licence..

the driver is another tech/sparky I know well and trust.... Hes unemployed at the moment so well rested!

Logistics companies tend to use very specific and very expensive route planning software. Not aware of any online versions but a mate of mine's a HGV driver so I'll ask him if he knows any freeby ones.

if you can that would be great!..

Dont want to bite the hand that feeds.... but I have to be in La Coruña at 8 am Saturday.. So can you put a rush on that?

By all accounts that over 24 hours "driving" (with breaks)...

Tomorrow I have a gig all day long...

So I am literally going to be patching the truck, picking the kit and loading it through the night, I´ll be sleeping through the drive.

We only got the call at 7pm tonight!

The things we do for this job!!!

if you can that would be great!..

Dont want to bite the hand that feeds.... but I have to be in La Coruña at 8 am Saturday.. So can you put a rush on that?

By all accounts that over 24 hours "driving" (with breaks)...

Tomorrow I have a gig all day long...

So I am literally going to be patching the truck, picking the kit and loading it through the night, I´ll be sleeping through the drive.

We only got the call at 7pm tonight!

The things we do for this job!!!

It's a good job you're not on the taco when working but not driving! That's some serious law breaking but I'm sure it's all worth it in the name of a good gig. ;)

I've sent my driving buddy an e-mail but I'll be calling him tomorrow any way so should have an answer soon.

Not any good for now, but get the gaffer to invest in the TomTom truck satnav as a back-up for future use. How much will you need to pay in tolls? The Tordesillas suggestion sounds familiar, isn't it just south of Valladolid?

http://www.drive-alive.co.uk/route_planner.asp shows three hotels in the centre of Tordesillas.

WELL, after a hectic day getting everything ready on my own...... this included fixing the aircon and the trucks tail lift which was "out" and not working...

at 7pm the client sent an email saying "dont bother coming" as our boss demanded 100% payment upfront.... not a deposit or fuel costs or something reasonable.. just 100%.

Thanks all for the help anyway!

WELL, after a hectic day getting everything ready on my own...... this included fixing the aircon and the trucks tail lift which was "out" and not working...

at 7pm the client sent an email saying "dont bother coming" as our boss demanded 100% payment upfront.... not a deposit or fuel costs or something reasonable.. just 100%.

Thanks all for the help anyway!

ah that sucks! I had just logged on to reply to your original qeustion however. Unfortunately there seems to be no free online services, people reply on expensive software or local knowledge.

Archived