Radio Controlled Pyro System on ebay

paulears

If you are doing fireworks with 50m to the crowd line then they are fine, it's along way for car door remotes to reach and it's safe enough anyway if it does go off.

If you are doing pyro I'd be unhappy with it for all the proximity reasons, but sometimes you really NEED wireless control.

NO! NO! And once again NO!!!!

I would never want to have the safety of my cast/crew or audience to be put in jeopardy.

Operating on those frequencies, at least in the UK would be insane.

I much prefer having the slightly higher peace of mind using wired systems that actually have a safety key!

I don't know enough about RF to comment on that side of it......

....it's the remote 'fob' that worries me. Doesn't appear to have any kind of dead man's switch or lock out. Wouldn't want to knock it off the table or stuff in your pocket and sit down :** laughs out loud **:

Looking again at the product it does actually say "Fireworks" on the ad and the box, with definite fireworks pictured.

So IF these were just intended for the outdoor FW market then OK, I'd maybe look at them as an option, though even then I'd be over cautious... But as I have no experience of electrically fired outdoor FW that would probably be a wise move anyway!!

Archived