Flame Machine

Dmx512

Carbon tetrachloride has certainly fallen out of favour. Pity - sold as "dab it off" it made a great degreaser, and it filled many a fire exttinguisher too.

1,1,1 trichloroethane was used as a thinner in Tippex for years, but now they're using flammable aliphatic solvents.

I must admit, the MSDS I saw for brake cleaner was of the "pet spirit" variety, not the old school "carcinogen in a tin".

Edited by Simon Lewis

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 years later...

Hey, I am new to this forum and I'm in agreement with the importance of quality and approved equipment of course.

I think the problem you are having is that your require a butane or propane cartridge that has a "dip stick" inside (between the exit point of the can and near the bottom of the can). This ensures that LIQUID butane / propane is sent to the nozzle of the flame unit... If there isn't a dip stick then gas from the top of the can is sent to the nose of the flame unit and that results in the small blue ball you mention.

Hope this helps and stay safe.

I have just bought a DMX "Flame Machine" and Put in a Butane cartridge raised the 2 faders for gas and ignition and only got a small blue flame and not the expected orange ball fire....should I have used propane gas as apposed to Butane?...any ideas?....Dave

Hey, I am new to this forum and I'm in agreement with the importance of quality and approved equipment of course.

I think the problem you are having is that your require a butane or propane cartridge that has a "dip stick" inside (between the exit point of the can and near the bottom of the can). This ensures that LIQUID butane / propane is sent to the nozzle of the flame unit... If there isn't a dip stick then gas from the top of the can is sent to the nose of the flame unit and that results in the small blue ball you mention.

Hope this helps and stay safe.

I have just bought a DMX "Flame Machine" and Put in a Butane cartridge raised the 2 faders for gas and ignition and only got a small blue flame and not the expected orange ball fire....should I have used propane gas as apposed to Butane?...any ideas?....Dave

Hi John

Welcome to Blue Room. Just to point out that you are dabbling in thread necromancy. The most recent post before yours is over 10 years old.