wall mounted DMX control

AHYoung

any ideas on a wall mounted DMX control. in an ideal world it would feature 12 buttons in a 4/3 grid as its to control 4 banks of lights which can be in any one of 3 states. ie button 1, 2, and 3 would set bank a into state 1 , 2 or 3. the buttons need local status feedback and the states are exclusive. that said it could be 4 seperate 3 button controls or 2 6 ways or nearest offer.

it also needs to "Just work" without anything that the user can do to break the system like a blackout button. I can easily programme a touchpanel to do this, but it seems daft to spend thousands on whats a simple DMX programmable DMX controller and bank of buttons and it occurs to me that something ideal may allready exist....

any thoughts appreciated

Alastair

Thanks for all the above, My only worry is that most of the above execute one cue at a time, but what I need is to have any one of 3 states in 4 independant sets of fixtures, for an analogy think 4 sets of traffic lights all independantly controlled from the same controller. it may well be that what I want is not actually possible... any thinking?

cheers

I'm wondering if the solution to this might be four separate scene based switchers each on a different universe?

If you went with Neil's bare board suggestion above you could make a custom solution with four boards each linked to three switches.

Alternatively Anytronics do the Anyscene units which list around £200.

I'm wondering if the solution to this might be four separate scene based switchers each on a different universe?

If you went with Neil's bare board suggestion above you could make a custom solution with four boards each linked to three switches.

Alternatively Anytronics do the Anyscene units which list around £200.

having looked at all the options, im pretty much looking at getting button boxes made with simple logic to latch only one of three buttons and provide the feedback required, these can then trigger something based around the bare board. To trigger 4 units you mount 4 together... there are a whole load of things that nearly do it, but not quite,

thanks for the pointers its appreciated

cheers

Alastair

My girlfriend has a system set up in her home for the domestic lighting... It comprised of a load of networked wall plates in every room with, with 5 buttons on each. These can either be programed as different "states". So for example Button 1 is "All lights in the room @ 100%. Button 2 is "All lights in the room @ 75%". Button 5 is "All lights @ 0%" Or. they can control different sets of lights, for example" Button 1 "Kitchen ceiling lights @100%" Button two "Light under cooker @100%"

The company who makes the kit is called iLight Link

They make dimmers that understand the information the wallbox "brain" chuck out. But they also have an interface that will convert the data from the wall boxes into DMX... Obviously the programming goes on in the interface that lies between the wallplates and the dimmers.

I'm sure the company can make custom wall plates in the setup you require, and could advise you on the programming needed in the interface.

Its not cheap stuff though.

HTH

Jamie.

Archived