T-shirts

Matthew Robinson

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you will find that you are 15 according to your profile :D

But welcome nonetheless,

Thanks

Eh close enough :D doesn't make much difference I cant get anything useful till I'm 18 except for a Learners Licence.

Overnight, I was given a slightly different perspective on this...

A sixteen year old girl of my acquaintance (daughter of some American friends) was proudly showing off the T-shirt she got for helping out on her school's spring musical. She volunteered to work front of house selling tickets--and one of the main reasons to do this was the shirt. (It was nicely done with a Beauty and the Beast logo embroidered on, combined with the school name and the year.) I don't know if it had a big "CREW" on the back or not--I've only seen the front.

Anyway, while I personally wouldn't be keen on this sort of shirt, perhaps we cynical old gits should cut some slack for our younger members. If my friend's daughter is anything to go by, T-shirts play rather well in the High School market.

Bob

I'm going to break the direction of the post here I have a huge variety of company swag for both my marquee business and the more "crew" based business from polo shirts to fleeces to waterproof jackets to hi-vis clothes to trousers to beanie hats to baseball caps and my personal favourite, boxer shorts with embroidered waste bands. I insist on all my chaps wearing at least a polo shirt and fleece if cold from the company stock because I think it looks much better than all turning up in a variety of garb and with the company name plastered across the back it's good exposure. The boxer shorts are, however, only given out as a reward for long or exceptional service!

I also get made an awful lot of stuff for St John Ambulance and have always been happy with the prices and responsiveness of Krowmark, http://www.krowmarkworkwear.com/

The boxer shorts required a little more research though (apparently printing on the waste band is not very easy to do!) and eventually the only company who could do them for us was this one http://www.berkshire-embroidery.co.uk/ who also happen to be just up the road from us!

Anyway, while I personally wouldn't be keen on this sort of shirt, perhaps we cynical old gits should cut some slack for our younger members. If my friend's daughter is anything to go by, T-shirts play rather well in the High School market.

I think thats quite valid.

A couple of years back a local high school did "back to the 80s", and I still regularly see kids wandering around town wearing the show swag they paid for...

I like working in polo's and am thinking of getting a few made up with my name and what I do embroiled on the front in small white text.

Just to make things seem a little bit more professional on first appearances and then people start to take me a little more seriously (cause of my age).

For me anyway, a kid working on a show, wearing a polo with his name on it, would not give me the impression of him being professional.

I insist on all my chaps wearing at least a polo shirt and fleece if cold from the company stock because I think it looks much better than all turning up in a variety of garb

I'm with you on that particular point. Smart, tasteful workwear with company logo/name embroidered on the front is well worth the expense - crews look so much more professional when attired this way, and any publicity is good publicity. What I do think looks daft, though, is amdram or school stage crews proudly sporting their CREW t-shirts that they obviously only have as an ego thing (the dance school dads that I mentioned earlier in the thread are a prime example of this).

And another me too post, with Gareth and cfmonk.

But as Bobbsy said, in the school market there is a certain kudos in having the Crew T Shirt. Heck I'll even admit to having pestered the touring crew on the Orange Enjoy Music student union tour for any crew swag they could give out, then wearing it with pride - all at the age of 20. But a few years on I've grown a little more conservative.

As cfmonk said - a crew looking the part helps that first impression. We had some nice full zip sweater tops done, that the guys we use love to wear, to the point that they've been worn on other peoples shows such as X Factor, by guys we've used as they're comfortable. I know one other company that have picked up gigs simply from having clients seeing freelancers wearing their swag on someones show, assuming that they provided the tech for the gig, so must be worth a call....

I like working in polo's and am thinking of getting a few made up with my name and what I do embroiled on the front in small white text.

Just to make things seem a little bit more professional on first appearances and then people start to take me a little more seriously (cause of my age).

For me anyway, a kid working on a show, wearing a polo with his name on it, would not give me the impression of him being professional.

actually people usually mistake me for a 25 yr old. and I always strive to be the best that I possibly can. and take things on with a professional attitude. so I think its just a nice way to polish everything off.

I'm not saying that I know everything I admit I have a long way to go :P

Working a gig on the weekend.. All the people putting out Napkins had 'CREW' in large letters on their back, and none (well, maybe one) who was doing anything technical.

The new sports centre across the road now also has 'CREW' and not staff, as well as the local McDonalds.

I very much dislike the people that say I'm part of the "tech crew", I hate it. Much prefer technical team or similar.

I've only ever had 2 t-shirts for shows, they were just a black t-shirt with the show logo on the front, we tended to "decorate" them with a sharpie and white tape with nicknames under the logo for a bit of fun during the rehearsals.

I would hate to walk outside a venue with thousands of screaming fans who all knew I worked on the tour.

We keep our ID hidden and blend in with the rest, otherwise the constant babble of ''will you give this to________''

Archived