Clothing

Drew

I've looked in a couple of shops but I'm yet to find any suitable work jeans. My current pair are okay but are wearing out a little so I'm after some jeans that fit as many of these requirements as possible:

Black

Has the regular 4/5 top pockets (one front left, one back left, one back right, and either one or two top front right)

Has other pockets down the legs designed for things lick quad spanner, maglite, aj, stanley, roll of lx tape etc...

Strong belt loops

Generally strong and rugged

Any advice on finding a suitable pair of jeans would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Drew

They aren't cheap but I wear a branded trouser called 'Snickers'

So many sizes they are made to fit all people

They have pockets in the usual four places, with folded seams so your stuff doesn't wear out the stitching (just don't drill them like I did)

They have long spanner pockets down the legs

And, for their crowning glory for all who spend time crawling around cable runs...

They have pockets for kneepads!

They are made from a nice tough material, and for extra you can get the pockets, big velcro belt loops and kneepockets made from cordura (super tough fabric used to make motorcycle clothing)

The pair I wear are made from a fabric/cordura combo as described, are fitted with kneepads and cost me £55

not cheap I know but they do a good job and have served with only minimal repair (tears from nails and holes from drilling your own pockets) since February, and are still going strong.

They can be found at most large tool shops or builders yards.

They also have an interchangeable tool carrying system which locks onto these large velcro belt loops.

I came from the construction industry where they are the height of fashion, and have been for some time.

They come in many colours, including, naturally, black.

oooh I'm thinking that product id 0452 are going to be next on the catwalk. very handy I believe should we ever experience alien invasion ;)

That trousers look pretty cool. Just looking for some ladies ones! size 44 is that inches around the waist?? hmmm..... a little too big! or cms? Who has a 44cm waist??!!! The legs will prob be too long anyway. If I ever see god I will punch him for giving me little legs :D

Em

xxx

size 44 is that inches around the waist??  hmmm..... a little too big! or cms? Who has a 44cm waist??!!! The legs will prob be too long anyway.  If I ever see god I will punch him for giving me little legs ;)

I too was confused on the sizes especially as they went up to over 100 !!!

Nope, they're not cm or inches, just a 'size'. There's a page on the site which explains it all.

• 2 weeks later...

arco are a good place to try, they deal with all things work / safety related.... I think my trousers were about £20, but they are definatly worth it. the amount of jeans I've destroyed the knees whilst rigging pyros/amps under stages to too many, but these just keep wearing on and on... (sorry bad pun)

Kris

I Have got a pair of trousers there not jeans but realy heavy cotton they cost about £25-£30, form the officers club.

Do you find ANY of the stuff in the officers club lasts???

They're cheap - and mean it! Everything I've bought from their has broken or such. Maybe I'm out of line but I used to work there and I wouldn't trust any of the stuff they sell.

Plus you have a typo on "from"

Archived