Clocks

the kid

This is a question from Media.

They are on the hunt for a clock for the gallery they have just refitted. It should be a normal digital clock OR atomic clock with a seconds read out on it.

OR

A count up clock going from 00:00:00 up to 99:99:99

OR

A combo of both in one set.

It needs to be lit but at the same time not overly bright (I feel I am being picky but superbright LED's would be a bit silly)

The budget is there for a almost "sky's the limit" item but Ideally the £100 mark all in is what was directly mentioned to me.

If I have missed anything mention it, as I said its for someone else.

Yup. The Wharton clocks seem to have superceded the Leitch clocks that were standard for so long.

A couple of points though. First, you'll struggle with the £100 target figure. Real studio clocks tend to be rather more than that.

Second, the actual clock displays tend to be just that...a display. They're generally designed to sync to a central time source which is distributed to as many clock locations as you need. This can be a basic time time code generator or can be synced to a radio time signal.

Bob

Does the location actually have signal for a radio controlled clock? Or is a remote one needed?

now £12.49 - on sale until 27/10/2009 SAVE £12.50 was £24.99 Order Code: L77AJ Is a fair offering from craplin, there are several on a search for "controlled clock" All are battery and all need local signal from the time reference transmissions.

Look also in RS and CPC/Farnell for radio controlled clock -There are several.

Second, the actual clock displays tend to be just that...a display. They're generally designed to sync to a central time source which is distributed to as many clock locations as you need. This can be a basic time time code generator or can be synced to a radio time signal.

If my memory serves me correctly, Wharton provide clocks with both an internal clock and the ability to sync to a central clock.

I looked at that for install about six months ago.

Best to check though.

Archived