Giant Oriental Lanterns, Fans, Banners Wanted

wellpleased

I'm looking to fill a cieling in a huge event space with giant oriental lanterns. The event is for 1000 people so all the standard (2-3ft diameter) lanterns just won't do. Does anyone know where I can get really really big lanterns from? Anything over 2m in diameter would be great. I'm also looking for any other oversized oriental props - fans, banners, buddhas etc. Any ideas?

as I remember there is a Company called DZD in London Tottenham Court road I think who I have had Giant flowers (70cm dia) etc from, and Im sure they had laterns and fans in their oriental section, but not sure of the sizes, as the sizes you are after are very large I doubt they are an off the shelf item.

It might be worth trying some of the Panto production companies, very often they have stuff with an oriental feel to it, usually for Aladdin.

HTH

Glyn

Thanks Glyn - we're on with that one.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

It might sound daft but ask at your local Chinese/Japanese restaurants. Most will be only too happy to help if they can, and they ought to have access to all the importers used when refitting these places.

Thanks Robin but all the restaurant or imported stuff is too small and most of it is paper and plastic. They don't meet H&S standards. If you know of any huge Chinese restaurant, that'd be good to know.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

as I remember there is a Company called DZD in London Tottenham Court road I think who I have had Giant flowers (70cm dia) etc from, and Im sure they had laterns and fans in their oriental section, but not sure of the sizes, as the sizes you are after are very large I doubt they are an off the shelf item.

Cheers propsman.

Yup, we know DZD and they do some nice stuff but it's all too small. We really want something that's been used in a huge Chinese festival. The kind of stuff that was everywhere for the Bejing olympics. I know it has to exist out there somewhere cause I saw it all over the TV.

Archived