• £2500 to £2750
    • £2750 to £3000
    • £3000 to £3250
    • £3250 to £3500
    • £3500 to £3750
    • £3750 to £4000
    • £4000 to £5000
    • Greater than £5000

I actually had a look at how much it would cost to hire that kit and it would cost more than that from me for a week, let alone a major hire company.

I put an amount in based on 4 crew on the in and out, being paid £200/day each. Then a LD/Desk OP for the 2 show days being paid £280/day.

£2130 even before any kit or Transport.

I know I am not a professional and I wouldn't get contacted to do a show of this size but I also don't like to undercut competition in order to make a few pounds. I am not a business and don't have business overheads but I won't do a job for 50p because I know it will take money from companies with business overheads.

Josh

Its only 48K and 8 movers , be suprised if it took 4 higly paid (and presumably skilled ) crew to do the in and out.

Can tell there is a lot of people used to olde worlde corporate budgets with the over 5 grand quotes.

I put an amount in based on 4 crew on the in and out, being paid £200/day each. Then a LD/Desk OP for the 2 show days being paid £280/day.

Josh

Its only 48K and 8 movers , be suprised if it took 4 higly paid (and presumably skilled ) crew to do the in and out.

Indeed. Plus the even higher rate for the ops. This is a good example of the highest cost being personnel and the huge difference it could make to a quote.

But it is also an example of how to price yourself out of a job. As has been confirmed, it is simple and could easily be done by two crew, one of which would be the op (or shared of course) with a bit of help from local that doesn't need to be anywhere near as expensive or included in the quote. I also think nearer the £200 p/day for each is more realistic. None of this would compromise quality or professionalism and is not undercutting.

Just to Say we Normally do this sort of show with 2 people for set up and take down and one Person for program and Running Show.

Thank you

Derek

If the rig comes to you so there's no lugging up ladders I assume?

If the rig comes to you so there's no lugging up ladders I assume?

Not quite sure what you mean by this.

My 2 people refer to unload and and up on a pre built truss ( by another provider) . Then take down and load out

Im assuming that you don't have two people carrying bars of six up ladders on their own?

I did say a Pre Built Truss from a third party I had assumed people would read that as at ground level with other organisations doing the winching etc NO LAdders etc

Archived