Matrix Green

Andy!

WOW that was interseting to read. yeah the diffrent greens seems good I might positions some of them further back. Theres a great screensaver on www.uselesscreations.com and does this 3d effect of it, I want to try and recreate this.

Thanks everyone once again for your amazing help! :D

Andy,

Yeah I would love to get lots but for budget reasons we cant really get loads. its £5 per week for one.. and according to my calculations we may only need 9 or 10 ! ( as it is only in our drama studio)

Andy,

I don't know what lanterns you have to hand but have you thought of doing it with 3 profiles, 3 gobos and 3 different green gels?

DHA have a gobo, 524 square breakup, which might work. Same gobo in 3 profiles with different colours, slightly postion each one down from the other one and stick them on a 3-way chase. The gobo has vertical columns of different size random squares.

Well I would love to get lots of diffrent funky things BUT we cant yet again have a big enough budget.

Profiles with gobos in hardly count as funky - and may work out cheaper than hiring pin spots, going by your costings above:

3 x Profiles @£10/week if you haven't got stock to spare

3 x gobos @£6 each fromWhite Light or many other places.

If you want to get funky you could try sticking an animation disk in front of it.

Plus think of the saving in circuits.

9 pinspots @ £5 = £45

3 profiles @ £10 + 3 gobos @£6 = £48

Ok so the pinspots are £3 cheeper if you don't add the cost of any additional cabling, grelcos etc. surely you could find that much from somewhere.

Archived