panto set hire

Hi there, can anyone give me idea for where to look for a sleeping beauty set for our panto.

I would prefer not to use Qdos.

our pros size is 9m wide x 5m high we normally use a few cloths as we don't have loads of room in the wings. we have enough to store flatage and a few set pieces.

can anyone help?

Janey

Try Wish Theatre in Coventry. I don't know what they've got left for this year, but it's probably worth a phone call, tell them that Glyn sent you.

Wish

Glyn

Edited to correct Link

WISH are currently in process of a name change (must owe someone a lot of money!!(allegedley!), you should get a contact number through the Belgrade in Coventry if you can't find up to date info.

One source of cloths I use regularly is Border Studios.

Most of their drops are either 14 or 18 ft, though they have a limited number of 16 footers.

We have a handful of 16 footers in our stock - painted locally, so the quality varies somewhat ;)

www.abbeytheatre.co.uk - follow the technical links to find online photos.

There are also photos on our pages of the 16 foot cloths available from Clifford & Brown scenery (Nuneaton) who ship UK wide. Quality of these cloths varies also, but much of that can be attributed to age of some of them!

If you like any from C & B contact them and say I sent you. They also stock scenery and props items.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

you should get a contact number through the Belgrade in Coventry if you can't find up to date info.

Ahem....

<Points at Glyn's signature a couple of posts up...>

:D

One source of cloths I use regularly is Border Studios.

Most of their drops are either 14 or 18 ft, though they have a limited number of 16 footers.

We have a handful of 16 footers in our stock - painted locally, so the quality varies somewhat ;)

www.abbeytheatre.co.uk - follow the technical links to find online photos.

There are also photos on our pages of the 16 foot cloths available from Clifford & Brown scenery (Nuneaton) who ship UK wide. Quality of these cloths varies also, but much of that can be attributed to age of some of them!

If you like any from C & B contact them and say I sent you. They also stock scenery and props items.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

you should get a contact number through the Belgrade in Coventry if you can't find up to date info.

Ahem....

<Points at Glyn's signature a couple of posts up...>

:D

As an in-house who deals with Border Studio sets and cloths on a very regular basis throughout the year, I would have to advise that the quality of Border's cloths, IMO, is VERY POOR - No conduit pockets on a large number of their cloths and very lightweight chains that are pretty much useless, as well as some truly awful paintwork.

As for not noticing Glynn's signature - oops!!

But if he's Belgrade staff, then he should know that WISH are re-branding as IMAGINE! :D

They are the panto producers at my "gaff" also and some of their sets are really good, if a bit large for medium/small venues.

Thank you very much for your help. I will have a look at them all :unsure:

Janey

Hi there

It might be worth trying albemarle, their stores are based in prees in shropshire and have many different sizes of sets from 1/2 a wagon upwards. I reckon they would have something! I have worked with their sets in the past and they have been fine.

Wholeheartedly recommend wish theatre.

Name is changing to Imagine Theatre Ltd (name change of existing company - company registration remains same)

Tell Steve or Sarah that Mark from Sunny Porthcawl sent you... (in addition to Glyn <as above>)

• 3 weeks later...

Adding to this , -and I have been looking around but im gonna be sat here ages otherwise - does anybody know of some of these suppliers that can supply panto sets for venues with no flying?

Id like some cloths and / or permanent cut borders / legs etc and some scenic elements like trucks / special FX and so on.

The venue at work is a good size space , just no flying!!

Adding to this , -and I have been looking around but im gonna be sat here ages otherwise - does anybody know of some of these suppliers that can supply panto sets for venues with no flying?

Most I suspect will be able to accommodate different options...

Archived