Par 56 Floor Brackets Wanted

plato888

Hi Guys, I have a set of 4 x Par 56 LED Cans which I want to use on the floor, however they have only a single bracket on each and so I need another bracket for each to make them sit properly on the floor. Does anyone know of anywhere to buy such accessories, if indeed they are available at all ? many thanks. :P

Alternatively, something I did when I wanted fresnels on the floor, is make (or have made) floor plates.

I had some heavy duty steel plates lying around that I cut a couple of squares out of, then put 1 x 1/2 wooden skids on them to enable them to sit flat on the floor, otherwise the bold head would have made them wobbly :blink:

You obviously have to put the bolt from the bottom and the nut at the top, so short bolts are the order of the day, or they will catch the lantern body :P

Worked very well for me, and were actually more stable than using an 'A' frame style mount.

EDIT: :o or get the plates above........ :D

Alternatively, a piece of flooring chipboard, about 6 inch square. Drill a hole in the middle to take a bolt. Countersink the hole to take the bolt head. Paint it black. Optional - stick 4 rubber feet on the bottom.

We have a load of the used lighting style things but 2x2 wooden base, cut about 1ft each and 2x1 between them. Then a nice coat of flints black and job done.

All various sizes, from about 2m long for a row of birdies, down to about 1ft for 1 birdie. They will also take normal lanterns.

Looking its basicaly the same as sleah.

Also I believe its doughty who make them, they are little stands that will take a hookclamp so you dont have to faf about with taking that off and loosing bits becasue its always attached.

Alternatively, a piece of flooring chipboard, about 6 inch square. Drill a hole in the middle to take a bolt. Countersink the hole to take the bolt head. Paint it black. Optional - stick 4 rubber feet on the bottom.

This is what I do it alot cheaper.

3 X 8 inch lengths of 1 by 2 timber

Join together to make a 'H' shape (lay 2 bits of wood vertical and parellel and put horizontal length across and screw together) (if that makes sense!)

Drill suitable size hole in middle of horizontal bit of wood

Paint black (if you want)

hey presto!

HTH!

Archived