Scenic vacuum panels

Ian_P

All,

Please help, I need to build a set with realistic brick work, and I know vacuum formed panels can be used to do this, and I have seen very good panels and even stage footlights made for this stuff, you just cut it out , finish and paint.

My problem is I can't find a UK supplier!

Many good sites, addresses would be welcome,

Cheers

Or what we did for our school musical, the pressured board that is smooth one side and grainy the other plain, paint the grainy side a cement colour and then cut a sponge(brick size {9x4}) and mix some paint in a big tray so its all swurly and put on lightly at first (dont want to much) then as you go down press harder. this will acheive a very cheep version of brick.

All of these are good suggestions, my only gripe with the vacuum formed panels is obviously lining up one panel to another so that the 'line' of bricks continues. Not as easy as you might think. The plaster one works really well although three tips

(a) make sure the flat/scenery you're doing it on won't flex when you put it up because if it does the plaster will just crack off.

(b) coat the finished plaster with PVA before you paint it

© be prepared for a hell of a lot of mess at the de-rig

Brickwork pattern hardboard is available in 8 x 4 sheets and really tat old cafs!!

Terralec (dot com) do a Brickwork pattern scene cloth for not a lot --if it will fireproof to spec.

You can get real bricks only shim thick 1/2 inch I think used for facing up concrete they'd be fire retardent

Archived