Pink Floyd PULSE

Andy!

• 5 weeks later...
Aparantly it took nearly 3 months to do the programming

"I've told you a million times, stop exagerrating!" :rolleyes:

I think three months is possibly a bit of an overestimate of programming time - I'm sure it took a fair old while to do, though, considering that back then consoles didn't have the sophisticated effects generators that we're used to these days. (Anyone ever read the section about stack synthesis (the forerunner of the FPS 'Effects Engine') in the manual for the original WholeHog? It's quite tediously dull!)

Agreed, though, that it is a stunning lighting design - the Xescans and Telescans on the 'arch' look fantastic in the wide shots. For all that, though, most of what goes on with the VL5's around the 'sails' at the back, and the VLs (4's?) around the screen could be knocked together in a fairly basic form in a fairly short time and quite easily on a modern console like a Hog2/3 or a Vector. It's all a matter of grouping, selection orders and offsets ... ;)

Who do you work for emj? Is it brilliant stages who did the set stuff for the PULSE?

and the VLs (4's?) around the screen

Yeh its VL4's around the screen and VL5's along the back and for the filming they added all the VL5s that are along the front arch.

I think it was seven consoles they used. Things like the telescans had there own operator and console.

Archived