19" Patch Panels

JDP

Hi Guys,

Sorry, maybe this should of gone into Lighting or Power forums?

Anyway, I am looking to buy some 19" patch panels for power.

I specifically looking for the Weiland type or other similar connector, although preferably NOT IEC. Its basically to sit on the back of a 19" rack for a dimmer patch.

I am looking for something a bit off the shelf, rather than something custom built.

Does anyone know of anything like this?

Many Thanks.

Hi All,

Thanks very much for the responses :)

The Powecon is an interesting idea, as they are small. BUT at the same time very expensive.

The Showtec ones look the best for what we need to do. However, the problem is that they are on Harting. No problem in themselves, we can snip them off! But of course, the cost of those down the line on something we don't want isn't going to make it that cost effective. Its a shame Showtec don't make hard wired versions.... Most of the people I know wouldn't but Dimmers with hartings on for the very reason that they would hard wire to such a panel... However, I guess its good if you want to make these modular and changeable, which we don't....

So, anyone seen anything else, perhaps a bit like the Showtecs in hard wired. We would be prepared to do ex-rental if anyone is ripping any out...?

Its all fine, as long as you watch you 20a limit on the powercon.

I've not come across the Weiland connector before, any specific reason for specifying that?

There are always things like http://www.aitdirect.co.uk/index.php?view=...amp;product=pdu

But it doesn't seem to say whether its 19". That was jsut a quick 2min search through google.

Dave

They are the patch connector used on Avo racks

ah, ok, I got you now.

Why would you prefer to use them over using IEC. I have had far fewer problems with IEC, than I have with avo art rack patch pannels, and sometimes the conenctions can be slightly flimsy (Although that may have had something to do with other people repatching 6 times a day for a month - yes its called the fringe)

Its all fine, as long as you watch you 20a limit on the powercon.

I've not come across the Weiland connector before, any specific reason for specifying that?

There are always things like http://www.aitdirect.co.uk/index.php?view=...amp;product=pdu

But it doesn't seem to say whether its 19". That was jsut a quick 2min search through google.

Dave

I don't want the 13A strips. Its a patch panel, not a distro...

Weiland is a pretty standard connector for this industry. Specifying it means that I can use patch leads from other dimmers, without having to have specific sets...

With all due respect, you don't really seem to be sure of what your talking about. Art 2000 patches are NOT flimsy, the are the most rugged we have seen for a long time, and beat the much hated American patch versions. When used properly Avo Racks are fine, and you can repatch them as many times a day as you want for as many days a week as you like, they will be fine. I suspect its down to the 'operator'. Art 2000 racks do literally the biggest of tours and events, and when used be experience professionals theres no problems, so it doesn't surprise me you have problems with something with Fringe, which is basically the opposite in terms of crewing.

They are the patch connector used on Avo racks, which we all know are the only racks worth using anywhere, ever. dry.gif

Andrew, have I missed something? Why the sarcastic wink, your statement is very true :) Never seen a flightcase with 20 Beta Packs or Anytronics dimmers running a large show.....always Avolites or ETC Sensor.

Archived