Difference beetween Two Hazers

kennethpaulsharp

Hi guys

just a quick question.

Im about to buy a hazer and I was looking for some opinions off some people that have used them.

Im looking at buying either a martin 24/7 hazer or a le maitre neutron xs.

Which one of those do you prefer or could you recommend a different one that you like using.

Ive used the neutron xs on numerous occasions and I really like the haze it creates.I used a very old martin hazer but that was very thick and not very impressive at all but saying that it was an old one so im not really thinking about that.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Could any of you guys out there tell me what the difference beetween a martin magnum hazer and a jem 24/7 hazer because I cant see anything of any real interest other than three and 5 pin DMX on the jem and not on the magnum.

Thanks for all you help

Isn't a Magnam a Smoke Machine, and the 24/7 an actual Hazer?

Im looking at buying either a martin 24/7 hazer or a le maitre neutron xs.

Which one of those do you prefer or could you recommend a different one that you like using.

A very similar question was asked 2 years ago HERE and again last year HERE.

I'm also now looking to buy a hazer and was looking through the BR for advice. I'd be very interested to know if opinions have changed. Is the Unique2 still on top of the list?

Edit: Added quote to clarify reply after topics were merged.

The Martin Magnum hazer has 3 pin DMX and uses only haze fluid and the Jem 24/7 has 3 & 5 pin DMX and can run on fog fluid or haze fluid. The fog fluid will last longer as it is more concentrated. All other specifications, physical dimensions, weight, heater and fluid capacity are the same.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

wow - that was freeky. 4 replies within 5 minutes plus a topic merge. I thought I had entered the twilight zone....

I would say that the unique 2 is still at the top of the list. With the output that you get from such a compact unit you cant really go wrong.

They are a bit on the pricey side but I think its worth it (well I hope so, I bought one today)

Not exactly a comparison as such, but I've used both the Jem ZR24/7 and the Neutron XS at various places where I've worked (latest place where I'm in house staff has a Jem 24/7) and overall I prefer the Neutron XS. I've found the XS to be far more reliable and a lot faster at pumping out haze. Haze juice also seems to last longer with the XS. Only issue with the XS is you have to buy the DMX module seperatly whereas with the ZR47 DMX is built in with 3 and 5 pin connectors. I've also found the XS to be far more reliable and responsive when controlled via DMX.

Just my 2p, if it had the choice of going with buying either one, it'd the be Neutron XS without a doubt.

The Cirro machine uses mineral oil and naturally will be a different sort of haze to the water/glycol based Unique. The two types really can't be compared. If you can live with the side-effects and additional cost, then the much smaller particle size of oil machines will always give finer, more even and longer hanging haze.

Similarly, the Neutron uses a glycerine based solution, which is only used in the LeMaitre machines AFAIK.

I have no experience of that machine, but of the more traditional water/glycol machines I also recommend the Unique. I have used as a direct replacement for DF-50 and, although it cannot give the same effect, it isn't far off. Depending on atmospheric conditions it comfortably provides anything from delicate haze in a small room up to thick covering in arena. All from a small unit with almost instant heat-up time.

This is all in the wrong forum :stagecrew:

IMHO, get a "Smoke Factory; Tour Hazer 2". By far the quietest and most efficient hazer I have ever used. We carry a few in our hire stock and most mainstream lx hire companies are also using these in favour of the Unique 2's and the df50's. Being that they are glycol/water based and have all the relevant EU approved stamps, as do it's fluids, most venues have no issue with them being used when the DF50's are not. Speak to the guys at www.lightingpartners.co.uk. they are the UK distributers for these units.

Dunc

(Edited because I cant spell!)

Just to add to this the we now have the Jem K1 Hazer, details here, which has much better output than the 24/7 and uses considerably less fluid. It also produces a much more "weather free haze" as it is far less prone to clouds than our previous efforts. It also has a silent mode which makes it perfect for use in theatre.

Edit: Link fixed

Archived