XLR3 Chassis Mount Non-latching connectors

Bryson

I guess I could use metal, but then they won't match the rest.... Yes, I care about such things.

Actually I'm sure Bryson will have thought of this but have a look at the earthing system they use inside the box with the existing plastic connectors. Plastic MAY be a requirement if they've kept the pin earths isolated from the chassis and box (not necessarily a bad thing in a stage box which can have goodness-knows-what other earths accidentally touch it). On the other hand, if the pins and chassis are connected (as commonly happens) then go for it.

Bob

If you specifically need non-latching recepticles, its very easy to remove the latches on the standard Neutrik connectors. Stick a small screwdriver under the latch and lift, pull out the button and then remove the other part of the mechanism with a pair of pliers. Takes just a few seconds per connector.

Archived