Stage website

Ben

The job section doesn't work in either IE6 or Opera 7.5, so it leads me to think there is nothing in it yet.

New websites seems to be a frequent thing these days!

Stu

When I looked yesterday and clicked on recruitment from the front page, I first ended up in the auditions list. I then click on the recruitment tag at the bottom of the page and got the recuritment menu and found what I wanted.

All a bit confusing but there is an updated list on there.

Guest lightnix

I just had a look and couldn't see any job ads, although everything else worked so maybe it's just that nobody has placed any on the site.

I see they've got a forum up and running, though. Not sure how long it's been going, but it seems a tad undersubscribed at the moment.

I just had a look and couldn't see any job ads, although everything else worked so maybe it's just that nobody has placed any on the site.

Same here - completely empty. I don't know which ads Big Dave was seeing, but as far as I can see there aren't any on the site at the moment.

I see they've got a forum up and running, though.  Not sure how long it's been going, but it seems a tad undersubscribed at the moment.

The StageTalk section has been on their old site for a long while, but it was a bit of a mess and didn't often yield anything of any substance. At least they're using proper BB software now - I guess it remains to be seen whether the quality of contributions improves. They do have a 'technical' section, but the forum has always seemed to be about the performing arts in general - which unfortunately mean that there seems to be an enormous number of "wannabe luvvies" posting there ... :wub:

The old site's still there with what they updated on Thursday - good job I bookmarked everything I wanted!

The latest list is here, but I expect this will not be a valid address very shortly, probably as soon as they populate the new database.

www.thestage.co.uk is currently redirecting to the new site, so any bookmarks from the old site will probably still work for a little while.

That's probably why it still works for Tom - his proxy server probably still has the old site in its cache (or IE does) and hasn't bothered updating yet.

If you try "reloading" http://www.thestage.co.uk you'll probably force it to update - not sure whether you want to yet though!

I can't get it to work either, but I'm glad no-one else can as I was on the verge of deciding it was the hand of fate intervening, and becoming a topless dancer on a cruise ship instead. Praise be.

Just received the following from the Stage webmaster :

Hello,

The jobs can still be found online, at

http://www.thestage.co.uk/recruitment/

I think some of the confusion simply came from the fact there were/are

a few bugs loose in the new system.  The recruitment pages were not

serving their content properly for the majority of the weekend, but

should now be working properly once again.

Sorry for any inconvenience,

Brett

Just passing and checked the website this morning and things seem ok. I looked at it during the weekend and was getting the same problems.

Does any once find it strange that when you pick up a copy of the Stage newspaper it magically opens at the Jobs section?

Or is that just me as well?

Just checked out the current stage website and, as well as preferring the old layout to everything bar the forums, have noticed that there is no more Hamlet online!

What is the cause of this calamity? How is a certified cyncial old sod like myself meant to cope with just Garfield, Dilbert, Nemi . . . :unsure:

I have always enjoyed the way the stage gets magically sellotaped closed in newsagents in Edinburgh during the festival, it must be to stop all those cheapskate actors, because the honest and upright technicians wouldn't dream of reading and not paying :unsure:

Archived