Rack Flightcases

fatfrog

Hi Lads

Does anyone know anywhere where I can purchase rack flightcases that have wheels on the rear lid rather than on the bottom, I'd much prefer to have the wheels removed whilst in use,Oh and it makes it not as tall either.

Preferably online if that's ok

Regards,

Alan

I take it you're not looking for a custom build? :D

SKB racks have removable wheel trollies, I use the 2007 model 'Gig Rig'. they feel flimsy, but they're bloody indestructable. I dragged mine the other day over broken slate, then through wet mud. still in one piece!

EDIT: SPAG.

just outboard etc so nothing excessively heavy, although outboards can be heavy & expensive

especially the one the belonged to a company who were doing work here where I live that got knocked over by 2 drunks, Fecking ejits fell over the barrier into the front of house desk etc. Amazingly there verona survived ok.

I'd say that if you're going for wheeled backs, and therefore are going to have to strengthen the backs to take the weght, you'd be just as well with a custom made wheelboard. They are very useful things fo other jobs once your racks are in too. Otherwise your rack backs (assuming you take them off during use) are going to be very bulky to store.

It's a nice idea. All the weight is on the rack ears and not the screws. Just watch for connectors falling out of the back through gravity (IEC's in particular!).

Thanks for the quick reply mervaka, I am looking for an actual wooden flightcase though.

in that case I'd also go for a wheelboard! :pissedoff:

I guess I paid out my arse for the SKB rack though, but on the other hand it does have an unconditional lifetime "if it breaks, we fix/replace it" guarantee!

Flight Case Warehouse did exactly this for me last week. Put the wheels on the rear cover, and as Ceed suggested they were attached using strengthening pieces, rather than just bolting them to the cover. They did charge a few quid extra as it wasn't "standard" but nothing excessive.

I had this done on a 12U sleeved rack but sure the same could be done on any of the racks they produce. I also had some rubber feet added to what becomes the bottom of the rack as it has to sit on another rack when in use.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, flight-case warehouse looks like a good option, Will fire them off an email for a quotation in the morning I guess!

Wheel board seems like a good plan too, I just don't want the wheels on the bottom basically

Cheers,

Alan

Archived