• Wednesday 11th June
    • Thursday 12th June
    • Both days
    • n/a

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AC Lighting of course are there.

We have lots to show from our 5 Divisions now including me! manning the new AC Video side. With Green Hippo, TV one, Christie, Color Web, the new 3000 digi spot from Robe, Lots to look at. AC Lighting also has all things new from Chroma Q, JAnds Vista and also Jands New Dimmers. Please drop by and say hi.

We are virtually next door to Zero88 and Peter so there should be no excuses. :lock:

Rigging, Projects and Audio also have products on show so something for everyone.

Kind regards

Lee

AC Video

So, who does everyone think had the best stand this year. I think that Sparks, who always put on a good stand, were possibly beaten in to 2nd place by Point Source but maybe I do not use the same criteria as other people.

So, who does everyone think had the best stand this year. I think that Sparks, who always put on a good stand, were possibly beaten in to 2nd place by Point Source but maybe I do not use the same criteria as other people.

well if you are judging by "availability of upmarket alcohol" criteria - then Mark White was offering Pyms #1 and sandwiches at the ETC stand....

well if you are judging by "availability of upmarket alcohol" criteria

I am deeply offended by the shocking allegation that this would be my only criteria. With Sparks, for instance, I was referring to their ice cream....

.....though it was Baileys ice cream

Again this year, I wasn't really struck by anything.

Quite liked the ETC Eos, fits into the sort of work I do, and they gave me a beer.

Still like the Blues working lights on tmb's stand (maybe I'll get them to sell me some this year).

Lighnix showed me around their LED panel systems, but as yet I don't have a problem for that solution.

Moving head LEDs? Yawn. :down:

Had an interesting chat with CPC, but Chris was busy, as was Peter every time I passed the Zero stand.

Did anyone actually see the Neutric hermaphrodite XLX?

And I couldn't find the one thing I wanted to buy. A no frills, 1U mixer. 2 (pref 4) mic inputs with phantom, 1 (pref 2) stereo line inputs, stereo and mono balanced outputs.

Show was fine, although the gangways in one hall were so narrow two people couldn't even pass. I didn't stay long, as others have said, but saw a few new things I liked the idea of (and did speak to Peter) - but then went off to the trade day of the International Music Show at Excel, and that was very different. Plenty of space, interesting stuff - assuming you like musical instruments. Yamaha had some neat pianos - a real grand that goes silent at a button press and changes o electronic sample based sound for practice.

Oddest thing was an electronic drum kit with outboard processing so it could output 'as mics' and one parameter was spill, so having a perfect tom sound, you could add in bits of snare or kick to simulate the real world?????

For the guitarists I was fascinated by the bloke doing the demo on pedals using a NINE string bass guitar. Now that was interesting!

National Express Rail East Anglia have had a busy week. 2 miles of overheads down Monday, fixed it but dropped two people off a cherry picker, so closed it. Opened it again and yesterday derailed a freightliner making the 100 mile trip home take 6 hours and plenty of exploring Essex and Suffolk on a double decker.

A good day!

Archived