3. 3. If yes, will you be there on...

• Wednesday 11th June
    • Thursday 12th June
    • Both days
    • n/a

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be popping along on Wednesday, there are things that I want to look at. As the Lord High Executioner sings in the Mikado "I've got a little list- I've got a little list and they'll none of 'em be missed- they'll none of 'em be missed" :P

Loosely related to this topic, to the extent that it's probably not worth starting a new one ...

Looks like we're coming down in a minibus (:P) ... rather than drive into Victoria and have to fight out again in the late-afternoon traffic, I think I'll try to persuade my fellow travellers that we need to park up at the end of a tube line (Picadilly or Central, best for the M/A40) and get the tube in. Which station's best in that area for parking - Hillingdon? Ickenham? West Ruislip? Or somewhere else?

Not sure if its the best, but its just what I know. I'll be going to London on the Oxford to London buses ("oxford espress" and "oxford tube") Both stop at Hillingdon on the way in - and then go onto Victoria

Steve

Did think about the bus, but decided against it ... part of the reason for taking the tube is to miss the rush-hour traffic on the way out in the afternoon, which the bus wouldn't achieve. One of my colleagues has discovered a bar somewhere up by Drury Lane which he thinks is worth a visit during a break from ABTT, too, so buying a travelcard for the tube (on expenses!) will get us there at no extra cost.

Hi All,

I've just booked my train ticket down to London for ABTT, but still not sure what to expect. I've read it's noisy, and quite packed early on in the day, but is it possible to go and talk to the people on the stands? Or is it just 'looking from afar?' I have to say, I have a terrible tendancy just to people watch at these things and not really get stuck in there. Plus, being on the less-experienced side of things, I'm a little intimidated when the jargon kicks in! Is it best to go with some questions?

Ros x

It can get busy at times, but don't feel intimidated, If you ave questions most of the traders will be willing to answer them. Just ask, Don't be to worried if you don't understand the "jargon" ask them to explain it as simply as they can.

HTH

Edited to correct spelling

This is a completly different show to PLASA or similar. I feel it is more intimate than many other shows and ones that both exhibitor and attendee can spend a reasonable amount of time with each other.

Don't be worried about asking questions.

Oh and if one hall is busy chances are that the other is quieter!

ABTT is the "talking" trade show .. you can actually have proper conversations with exhibitors, unlike PLASA where you have to fight over the noise of the multitude of loudspeaker manufacturers trying to outdo each other (that's if you can actually fight your way to the interesting stands past the crowds of bomber-jacketed 'weekend warrior' mobile DJs to get to the stands in the first place). I really don't like PLASA much ... but ABTT is worth going to.

Edit : So no recommendations for parking at tube stations in west London, then? :)

Not sure about the parking etc but I'm coming up on the train. Been looking at a tube map and there are three stations nearby - Pimlico, Victoria and St James Park. They all look on average about an equal distance from the venue. However, which station (for those coming on the tube), are people getting off at? Which one is quickest to the venue? Sorry about the lame question, but I don't really know that area of London that well.

Also, another silly question but does the RHH have a cloakroom for coats / rucksack?

J.

Archived