Which lighting desk had that special DFA button?

tom_the_LD

Hi guys,

I was told of a lighting desk which had a DFA button on it that when pressed would perform a random chase of all the LED's on the desk.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tom

Moderation: As this is not really a useful lighting discussion, this post is being moved to the student forum.

no idea,but if you hold preview and blind down on a sirus lots of leds light up/flash

Cool :P Don't think I have ever had to hold down preview and blind down at the same time, or if I have I have just done it without thinking!

You're thinking of the LSD Icon desk. It was based around mac architecture, and had a mac-based version as well. It had multicolour lcd buttons for everything, so you could write legends, and they changed colour based on purpose and mode. When you locked the desk it went into acid-mode and just cycled colour all across the desk. Looked fabulous!

Brilliant desk.

LSD Icon Desk (the position of the panels was interchangeable based on user preference)

EDIT: Added the picture

Thanks for that scjb. I make it my mission now to find a video of aforementioned desk cycling the colours!

I'm guessing as it was based on mac architecture it never went wrong or crashed either? *Is that one of my worms from this can over there on the floor?*

I had a quick search for "Icon" as I thought that was what we were looking fr but as I found nothing in a couple of mins, I gave up. Glad I wasn't imagining it. Saw one a few years ago (Alison Moyet tour?) and it did look stunning flashing away to itself!

Is this a joke? Am I missing some deep sarcasm?

Young Tom, someone's having a laugh with you. Try and think of what DFA could stand for. Clues might be that some of the answer will be edited out here and that it can apply to both buttons and faders on any type of console. Usually appropriate for when an artiste wants to see their engineer doing something when nothing needs to be done....

Is this a joke? Am I missing some deep sarcasm?

Try and think of what DFA could stand for.

I know what DFA stands for - have used the button many times before! - but I was told that a button could be programmed as a DFA button which amde all the LED's flash. It must have been a button that locked the desk which consequently caused the LED's to flash - or however the Icon was locked!

er , no mate. Im sorry but someone IS winding you up. We all know what DFA does do - ha ha but thats about it.

Stripy hazard paint

left handed screw driver

cordless hammer

sky hook

get the idea? . . . . . . .

Archived