Lighting a show! Help!

lewisa

Well, that looks like only half of the plan - the Front Of House section by the looks of it. Basically, the two symbols in the centre look like fresnels (although I'm confused by the hand-labelled "flood" by them) and all the rest are various types of profiles.

Could they be something like a Patt 743, and the "flood" is more of a direction of what they are doing. 2 743s could easily be used as a flood from there

Steve

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
hi

I think that you can use steel in the chroma q scrollers to represent the moonlight, however you could get a window frame and place a light behind it (off stage) and on an angle to form a shadow on stage

I’m sorry, what scrollers? I don’t remember anyone saying there are scrollers involved and then how do you know what colours are in them? ;)

Random!

Instead of using an entire window what about a gobo? surely that’s what there meant for?

I’ve toured a show through that theatre so should have a cad plan knocking around I will try and find!

Pete

• 5 months later...
I'm lighting my first show at college and would really appreciate some help.

I want to create the effect of moonlight so would it be a good idea to use blue gel 119 lit from the front and then gel number 182 lit from behind?

And I need help to create the effect of a streetlight shining in from a window. The room will be dark and the only light that will be used is the light shining in from the window on the actors. But how will I create this?

If anyone could get back to me asap that would be great!

Hi. To create your "streetlight" I would use a very light orange to add a tint of colour to a fresnel and perhaps use a flood overhead very dimly with a dark blue gel to make it look like nighttime. Some lighting terms.

Archived