Supplier for 500w PAR 56 lamps

BigYinUK

Hi

300w par 56s obviously no problem but does anyone know where I can get 500w par 56 replacements - There are one or two come up with a google search - anyone have contact details for any known good suppliers ?

Thanks

Hi

300w par 56s obviously no problem but does anyone know where I can get 500w par 56 replacements - There are one or two come up with a google search - anyone have contact details for any known good suppliers ?

Thanks

I'll try this again - sorry guys first time on here...

Can you actually get 500w versions of the 56? I thought you could only get 300w - the 500w or 1kw is the Par 64. Are there any particular markings on the lamp or do you have an original box?

Not ever seen 500w p56 size lamps.. but reflectors fitted with gy9.5 lamp bases are pretty common.. means you can potentially shove a 650w lamp in. Wouldn't want to do that with a short 56 though.. unless they were being left open!

HTH,

Tom

http://www.enlightenment.co.uk/lighting/lamps.html

Seems to make mention of some 'showtec' branded p56 lamps @ 500w.. Course at that price and such high risk of having to deal with poor lamp quality, your better off going down the reflector route IMO. Cheaper & your able to use decent brand lamps to ensure quality.

Course its entirely likely that GE, PB, Osram, other 'name'/decent brands make similar spec lamps.. I've just not found them from a simple Google search. Manufacturers websites are the place to look, if they exist, they'll be on there.. along with a model number which you can then search for.

Tom

I've just checked the International Lamp listing and the biggest they do is 300W in the sealed beam.

The 500W reflector kits for the PAR56 cans are generically known as Raylight fittings.

The following link shows a retailer page, note they say they're not suitable for the short bodies as previously mentioned.

http://www.technokit.co.uk/prodimages/g008hg.jpg

raylight kit

Archived