"Lampo" fresnels

Barney

An aquaintance of a friend is looking to have a small lighting rig installed in their (primary) school. I've been given the quote to look through and advise on.

Now, apart from not having a lighting desk specified, the spotlights offered are Lampo fresnels. I know that they're 500W units, but a search has drawn a blank.

Anyone know what these units are like? Or, if they're a badged fixture, who makes them?

I wouldn't be happy recommending them withouth knowing what they are. As I can't find any reference to them on the 'net I'm assuming that they may not brilliant (I'm happy to be corrected though!).

They are being offered at around £140 complete, which seems reasonable compared to a Quartet, Acclaim, or ADB Eurospot fresnel.

They don't have to be fantastic spotlights, or partcularly robust as they will more than likely be in a 'plug and forget' installation!

Any comments on these fixtures greatly received.

Thanks,

Barney

They are being offered at around £140 complete, which seems reasonable compared to a Quartet, Acclaim, or ADB Eurospot fresnel.

Uh? I can get a complete Quartet for that. At least I know what I would be getting :)

Lampo are an Italian lighting company:

http://www.lamposrl.it

Thanks Simon, that's exactly what I need. Photometrics too :oops:

Uh? I can get a complete Quartet for that. At least I know what I would be getting :oops:

Exactly. The price on the quote includes lamp, h/c, s/b so is a reasonable comparison. What I needed to know was: is it any good?!

Barney

Even the list price for Quartets on the SLX web site is only £150 - so you will almost certainly going to be able to get that dropped significantly if you ask in the right way (and order several units)...

I'm going to second the vote for going with something we CAN vouch for against something very few of us will have actually seen before...

stagelighting.co.uk will sell you something decent for less than that...

CCT minuette (500w) £85, Selecon Acclaim (650w) £102, both well established designs.

Lamps for either £7.25 (G.E. / Phillips), 10kg safety bond £2.50, hook clamp £2.50

Archived