Stone Column

Burrelly

Really cheap columns -

Get corrugated plastic roofing, cut it into a long strip with the waves running up the strip, not across, bend it round circle formers and nail into place. You normally need a few formers and battening between them to stop it folding. Attach a lightweight finial to the top (carved polystyrene or expanding foam) and a heavy base to stop it falling over.

Watch them wobble if have dancers on the stage...

Really cheap columns - Get corrugated plastic roofing, cut it into a long strip with the waves running up the strip, not across, bend it round circle formers and nail into place. You normally need a few formers and battening between them to stop it folding. Attach a lightweight finial to the top (carved polystyrene or expanding foam) and a heavy base to stop it falling over.Watch them wobble if have dancers on the stage...
Sound like quite a good idea. It is for photographing work so need to look the part. :)Looking to buy it
To buy or rent?(And that link doesn't work, btw).
Looking to buy

I am looking for a grek style column. It has to be really really cheap.

something like this would be ideal but it is far to expensive:

Editied link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...53245%26fvi%3D1

Although the description on that link is verging on the illiterate, if the price is correct, a 2.5m high column for £100 is excellent value for money. I very much doubt that you could build anything half as good for less money. Even a 2440x662 sheet of Vistalux from Screwfix will cost you £65, before you've done any work.

• 2 weeks later...
I am still after one. What kind of price you talking about?

Dave

ok .. email me with the details.. size shape style when you want it for (no good saying tomorrow!), where in the country you are ..(thing has to be delivered!) etc etc and then ill talk price...

email make.do@hotmail.com

Archived