Placebo tablets

Jen

Hi!

I wonder if anyone here has ever managed to get hold of placebo tablets or sugar pills for use in place of paracetomol onstage?

We've tried several chemists, pharmaceutical suppliers, research centres... and a confectionery manufacturer for little white sweeties! Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

The tablets themselves aren't actually taken (as yet) but are crushed onto a table. This means they not only have to look like the real thing but need to be as soft as them.

The other thing is the quantity. There are likely to be 100-200 per show. For this reason we don't want to tour the real thing to remove the risk of any accidents.

Thanks for any help you can give ;)

Jen

wow! Sherbert dib-dabs!

I would like to get hold of these too! (I have now handed in my notice, in pursuit of of a research career into sweeties of my youth!)

Thank you so much for the suggestions for alternative paracetomol, and the reminder of my earlier days... you are all fantastically wonderful people!

Extra strong mints... a bit big (unless I don't know of a mini version)

Polo holes and tic-tacs... a bit small

Minty things generally (smell)... you're quite right... I will beware of this!

I haven't tried health food shops Thirdtap... I will in the morning!

Thank you all very much... someimes you just can't see the wood for the trees.. it's good to ask around. If I can ever do the same... you only have to ask ;)

Jen

Doh!

Sorry Jen,

When I recomended extra strong mints It was beccause I normaly take soluable paracetamol which just about matches in size.

Hmm.

How about white chalk carefuly sliced with a sharp knife then sprayed with hair spray to keep the dust down?

James

I find Sherbet Fountains much nicer, with the liqourice stick. Judging my the state of my desk, I seem to be addicted to em!

Hehe

Stu

a argee but, the fountains are much nicer, but nothing beats home made sherbet.

hummmmm, now I have a craving for it, to late to start making it now, guess it will wait till tommorow...

Thanks James.

Quite time-consuming but I think we're going to go with the chalk idea.

The chalk slices very well with a stanley blade by the way!

Also, I don't think they're dusty enough to need hairspray so even more simple!

Thanks again everyone.

Jen ;)

Archived