Soundcheck Playlists

PeterT

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

our noise boy played "a blow job would be nice" yesterday... not normally a bad choice but the show is Dragula and as the name syjests yes the star is in drag and well with our cast its not the best song for a guy to play...

oh the comments that followed :huh:

I have a prepd CD with:

A 20Hz to 20KHz sweep over 20 seconds

The same over a minute

10min of White Noise

10 Min of Pink Noise

10 min of Brown Noise

1min of pink/white/brown alternating at 2s intervals

3s tracks of Eq seperations used on Peavey GraphicEQs

The same thing for BSS

And then:

Journey of the sourceror by The Eagles (Just to prove Im a geek, this was the theme from Paddy Kingslands recording of the Hitch Hikers Guide)

Insomnia by Faithless

And then:

Korgs test and demo sounds for their products '99

Its got a load of guitars, then a load of drums then a load of other stuff

Then:

Carmina Burana

Beethovens 5th

The Marsaillaise

And for warmups:

Tragedy by Steps(I know its not, but their version)

Wannabe by The Spice Girls

Belissima by Dj Quiksilver

Ecaudor by Sash!

And Myseterious times by Sash!

Comprehensive Enough? Allows me using my laptop spectograph to pink the room, set eqs, listen to some music I like and get the cast warmed up.

Owen

After spending time demo'ing expensive hifi - and listening to hifi shop material I've decided that unless the album was recorded and mastered at top quality, it's going to give you a second rate sytem check. for this reason I use some of the above material plus:

Michael Jackson: History (one of the world best production albums (or compilation of others))

George Michael: Older

and last but not least

POP Idle: the album (this is great with accoustic double bass, jaz drums, brass, strings,(full orchestra) and great recorded male and female vocals. It's amazing on how many possitive comments are made from an album that most poeple would never consider listening to, never mind buying

J5

It's a long time ago, but I used to use "I feel love" by Donna Summer.

I was a Davy Doubledecks at the time, and it was the only vinyl that I had two identical copies of, owing to an accident with a Store Charge Card and a time machine.

Ian :D

• 2 weeks later...
personally I use anything that winds people up (particularly musicians) The Final Count Down By Euope is pretty good at that along with Gold By Spandau Ballet but if you want somethinga little heavier then Limp Bizkits second album is pretty good at rattling peoples brains, put it thru 30k and it'l knock ur socks off! (literally)

• 4 weeks later...

I have a cool Cd with :

Nirvana - Aneurysm ; anything drasticly wrong I can sort out

Avril lavigne(sp) - complicated ; again if it sound wrong then somethings out of place

some random trance / drum and bass ; to test the subs

50 cent - in da club ; another sub workout but with some high end

random acoustic songs - stuff by foo fighters, sarah Mclachlan and Jonny cash

Random rock - Darkness, nickleback and Good charlotte

Random busy stuff - a lot of pete yorn as it has a lot of instruments and textures

Nirvana - Aneurysm ; as a final test

Then I stick on something like Blink 182 - Guaranteed to annoy some people

Archived