Jump suit overalls

Jivemaster

Dinner suit?

Don't recall ever seeing an 'overall' with the zips described, though microlight pilots wear suits like these... Might prove a bit warm, though if you're outside that might be a good thing. A search for karting suits and the like may turn up something.

Interesting choice of forum by the way - perhaps the specifics of the intended use would explain it (and assist in further suggestions).

Gareth.

The style has two full length zips from ankle to collar bone

The only thing I've ever seen with those kind of zips was a Dutch Army tank suit. Enormous shapeless things with pockets galore. I had a quick google and here's the kind of thing, though the ones I've seen were plain olive drab rather than camo. Is that the kind of thing you're thinking of?

The flying suit comes very close! The ones I once saw were RAF issue to parachute instructors, when No 1 PTS was at Abingdon. The Falcons display team wore them.

Ideally I want a spark or flame retardant suit. Nomex would be fine.

Its for firing a firework show, then coming in to tech part of the party, hence the DJ underneath!

That's why I put it in safety. Unless of course we have wardrobe people on here that work in Nomex. -didnt thing so!

The flying suit comes very close! The ones I once saw were RAF issue to parachute instructors, when No 1 PTS was at Abingdon. The Falcons display team wore them.

Ideally I want a spark or flame retardant suit. Nomex would be fine.

Its for firing a firework show, then coming in to tech part of the party, hence the DJ underneath!

That's why I put it in safety. Unless of course we have wardrobe people on here that work in Nomex. -didnt thing so!

How about a Welder's Boiler Suit. Don't know about the full length zips, but it's worth a phone call.

Brilliant Link Boatman, Thank you.

I have the Flame retardant welder's boiler suit in treated cotton, I'll be risk assessing and wallet assessing the £150 for a nomex suit!

You're welcome. I was given one of the £50 treated cotton bright orange boiler suits some years ago and it is still fine. Not quite as orange as it used to be and quite a few scorch marks but no holes.

.... the £50 treated cotton bright orange boiler suits

I thought you stayed in Arran, not Guantanamo Bay.... :unsure:

If a full "welder spec" flame retardent boiler suit is overkill, how about an "ordinary" boiler suit. Typically less than 20 quid, and available from any industrial clothing store in lots of colours, and in all sizes up to "big fat bloke", so should easily slip over a DJ....

eg Arco catalogue, around page 72

Perhaps bordering on "off topic":

Nomex (while a fair bit cheaper, and therefore far more readily available) isn't a fire proof patch on CarbonX. See here for some pictures demonstrating the difference. CarbonX was originally developed for steelworkers overalls and is made out of pre-activated carbon (burnt carbon) spun into a thread. Because it's already burnt - it doesn't (burn). Apparently one demo they've done is to put a piece of the material over someone's hand and melt a penny on it... UK Fire Service trialled CarbonX undergarments a while ago and found them far superior to the nomex ones they still use - unfortunately too expensive (I suspect the people making that decision don't run into many burning buildings...)

Anyway (CarbonX obsession rant over) perhaps not much good for the OP (for one thing it doesn't come in orange!)

Gareth.

Archived