5 Biggest lighting manufacturers.

Bad_Rock

Bad Rock...What EXACTLY are you trying to do here?Is this a college question?So - I ask again - what EXACTLY do you want to know?And why?
I can't be more specific. I can only add one example... Let's say if it were in the automobil industry we would have a list lik this one1st General Motors2ndFord3th Toyota and so...Can you understand me now?

Moderation: Weird multiple posting bug fixed.

I can't be more specific. I can only add one example... Let's say if it were in the automobil industry we would have a list lik this one1st General Motors2ndFord3th Toyota and so...Can you understand me now?

Not really, if you want to categorise something, you have to decide what criteria you want to base the categorisation on. When you ask a question like "What is the biggest" you have to be much more specific. This could be biggest turnover, biggest profit, biggest number of employees, biggest CEO (waist size or ego size), biggest sign outside the office........

If we stop being picky for a second I think there is actually a semi-interesting point here, while there probably was a time when theatre meant Strand, rock 'n' roll meant Avolites and movers meant Vari*Lite there are now literally hundreds of manufacturers in the market not to mention all those who rebrand others products. Is the idea of big brands selling unique products getting a bit old fashioned?

From my knowledge the highest profit making organisations out of stage lighting are as follows.

Philips - As nearly every lantern houses some sort of philips board or filliment set, as they are known as the highest quality brand for this.

Martin - The biggest distributer of intelligent lighting and stage effects in the world.

Robe - Because they have brought in a lot of new lines of products recently that have taken off.

ClayPaky - Just because they are a popular Brand.

Coemar - And as you said about Coemar moving down I would aggree as they have been sitting on the back bench recently and Im believing this would definately lead to a loss for them.

Hope this helps.

Tom

In terms of turnover and number of employees, and in no particular order:

Phillips

Martin

ETC

Genlyte

Robe

Coemar and Clay Paky are tiny compared with some of these, and I wouldn't consider them major players in the market.

Lumping Philips in dosen`t seem fair apart from buying in CK now becoming part of Philips Solid State Lighting they`re more part of the big three lighting makers Philips, Osram and GE. Apart from Philips other interests in semiconductors consumer gear, medical gear etc...

Biggest by units shipped is probably Third Peoples Automated Lighting Factory Co of Guangzhou or something.

Number 1 will almost certainly be Philips then.

- Unless you only count the directly theatrical divisions, and not the whole company.

It's likely to be quite difficult to find individual division accounts.

Here's a list of some of the major manufacturers who supply the UK industry, which you can research.

(Note that none of them are based in the UK)

Lee Filters

So were Lee I thought.

D

Archived