5 Biggest lighting manufacturers.

Bad_Rock

I'm very curious about wich are the biggest 5 companies ( in order ) in the lighting industry? I imagine that on the last 3 years there was many changes like Robe climbing a few places and probably Coemar going down a bit. I'm doing a study and I need some information.

Thank you very much.

Bad Rock...

What EXACTLY are you trying to do here?

Is this a college question?

Because what you'll get here are (if you're lucky) a multitude of opinions - which are likely to vary intensely!

Without a LOT of research of ALL the relevant companies you'll never get a definitive answer.

So - I ask again - what EXACTLY do you want to know?

And why?

well, as he's stated he wants largest by sales revenue there shouldn't be ANY opinions. Just simple solid facts from the annual accounts of the companies
...which he's not gonna find here in the Blue Room... :)

Hence my reference to research...

;)

Number 1 will almost certainly be Philips then.

- Unless you only count the directly theatrical divisions, and not the whole company.

It's likely to be quite difficult to find individual division accounts.

Here's a list of some of the major manufacturers who supply the UK industry, which you can research.

(Note that none of them are based in the UK)

Avolites

ETC

Clay Paky

Coemar

Cooper Controls (new owners of Zero 88)

GE

Genlyte (new owners of Strand)

Lee Filters

MA Lighting

Martin

Osram

Philips (also own Color Kinetics)

Robe

Robert Juliat

Rosco

SGM

Here's a list of some of the major manufacturers who supply the UK industry, which you can research.

(Note that none of them are based in the UK)

Avolites

Going to have to challenge you on that, Avolites was based in the UK last time I checked!

Archived