Quickie: Powercon extension anyone?

Jamtastic3

if I remember rightly... powercon extentions are just the same type of connetor on each end.... (this is how it is on most decent active P.a. setups, so at a guess it should be the same)

the only difference I can find is colour, between input and output...

have a look here studiospares

or I could be talking absolute cr*p

or I could be talking absolute cr*p
Now, how do I break this to you? :angry:

;) haha thanks...

I was refering to the op's original problem of trying to extend the length of cable from his flexilight controller....

only after I posted I decided to actually have a look at the controller... from the diagrams it looks like its hard wired....

would an option be to take the thing apart and install a new LONGER piece of cable with a powercon on the end?

or am I still talking the brown stuff?

All of the following is based on Rigiflash, also from Pulsar (IIRC), so I'd be surprised if it's different, but you've been warned.

Even if they do release a Powercon, it won't help, the connector is actually a Cliffcon, although they also don't do a cable socket, although someone had created one for us with some heatshrink.

See here for more details. They are available from Rapid Electronics among others. I think this may have been mentioned before, a search may return some results.

Neutric have been talking for some time about bringing out a cable mount SOCKET for both the Power and Speakon range. About time too!

The touring range has an inline speakon socket. Solder buckets only though unfortunately and appropriately priced for the top end stuff. :angry:

Cheers for the links and advice.

I'll have a look at the FlexiFlash where the cable goes into the tubing. I might be able to extend the existing cable from the tube end if the wiring inside is detatchable.

It seems as if all this powercon stuff is fairly rare in the connector circuit. Speakons and adaptors I've seen a-plenty but powercons and 'cliffcons'.....?

Archived