Wireless Power

If you waste enough time looking for it, you can get back to the original article and research team. The article was published in Science mag, but best as I can I can only get issues over one year old online, and thus this is too recent.

It seems they are using MHz fields, and claim its not quite straight induction, so the wedding ring thing shouldn't happen. I'm curious, as Tesla made similar claims with similar demonstraions, but it could all be just so much bullsh*t.

I expect the order of technology to be something along the lines of

1] Fusion Power Plants

2] Hydrogen Powered Vehicles

3] Wireless power distribution

or to paraphrase "not any decade soon".

See! I wasnt mad! I knew it. It's taken 6 years tops to get it this far from killing people, now all it needs is better range, addressability, higher current capacity, dimmability, and our loads will be lighter,our lives will be easier and our cable spends virtually nil! I'd reckon on 10-15 years?

hmmmm, it could have it's uses in home stuff, but in our world, I highly doubt it. I can't see how it could transmit 6 different channels and not get them mixed up

I assume you're talking lights here! Why not transmit DMX wirelessly, and have the dimmer in the fixture?

Archived