Wireless Power

Nope, elekky toofbwushes use straightforward inductive coupling at 50Hz at very short range, no resonance required, whereas the WiTricity idea is heavy on resonance to achieve coupling over some distance.

Much like RFID tags are powered and indeed how crystal radios manage to work.

There is a big difference between transmitting power and transmitting power efficiently. I don't expect to see efficient wireless power transmission before fusion power.

Sure it'll be great to avoid having to change the battery in the smoke alarm or the remote control but anything as power hungry as a theatrical lantern ... too inefficient to be practical (but perhaps OK for a small practical lantern ;) )

Mad Hippy, sign me up as a "do-gooder", I've concerns about having my brains fried.

I don't expect to see efficient wireless power transmission before fusion power.

Or, perhaps more to the point, before room temperature superconductors - and questions in the lampy forum like: "I have a 100m socapex run to a bar of 6 x 2k fresnels - do you think I'll get away with 0.03mm cable, or will I need the full 0.1mm?"

Archived