strand 300 repatching and other questions

themadhippy

so whats the magic spell to re patch the channels on a 300? All I want to do is make desk channel 1 control DMX channel 24,desk channel 17 control DMX channel 9 ect,no attributes ,no fancy profiles,no preset levels just plain re patching.ive just wasted a couple of hours with the manual,sacrifised 2 chickens and offered my first born,but still all I seem to achieve is an annoying beep and various error messages.

Also is it possible to use the left hand bank of faders as subs?

And how do you record multiple cues? say cue 1,3,7 and 11 are the same "cue 1 + 3 + 7 +12 time 5/2 record " and various combinations only causes that annoying beep, or do you have to record each cue individually?

Finally anybody want to swap a strand 300 for a vision 10 ;)

Patching: Assuming you're already in the Patch screen, [24] [@] [1] [*], will patch output 24 to desk channel 1. [24] [@] [*] will simply unpatch the channel. Not that while in the Patch screen hitting [@] will produce [@PATCH] on the screen.

As for the bank of faders, hit the Mode key above the x1 Playback. This will give you a variety of options on the LCD screen/softkeys for submasters/1 scene preset/2 scene preset. Figur out which one works for you!

Recording multiple cues at the same time, not possible I'm afraid. You have to do them individually!

I'd gladly have a 300 series over a Vision 10, only problem is I dont have a Vision 10 to give you! ;)

so whats the magic spell to re patch the channels on a 300? All I want to do is make desk channel 1 control DMX channel 24,desk channel 17 control DMX channel 9

Dimmer first, channel second. So it'd be 24 @PATCH 1 *, 9 @PATCH 17 * etc. (@PATCH is the @ key when in the Patch Screen).

Edit: JMC is a quicker at typing than me!

Answers already given for the patching queries. Additionally, you can hit 1 THRU 12 @PATCH 10 *, and this will give you control of the first 12 dimmers on channel 10. Or, 1+3+7+9+12+25 @PATCH 21 * will put all those dimmers at channel 21. Or 1 THRU 6 + 21 THRU 25 @PATCH 1 * puts those two groups of dimmers at channel 1.

Get the picture?

Whilst you cannot record loads of cues simultaneously, what you CAN do is copy cues easily.

Typing CUE 51 @ COPYFROM CUE 10 * will copy the contents of cue 10 to cue 51. (COPYFROM is a softkey under the LCD screen on the desk that appears after hitting the @ key).

As for submasters, it's most common for the 24-channel fader wings(s) to be used as subs - if yours aren't, then they've been changed from default.

Thanks all,knew I could rely on the blue room,perhaps they should get the users to write the manuals,not the programmers.

Recording multiple cues at the same time, not possible I'm afraid

dear dear,such a simple command as that isn't available,shame on you strand,isis can do that in its sleep ;)

suppose I'll have to get used to copying and pasting cues instead.

As for sub masters, it's most common for the 24-channel fader wings(s) to be used as subs - if yours aren't, then they've been changed from default

I will look into that some more,the 24 subs above the keypads are fine,it just seems strange the 48 faders on the left only appear to work as channels,but with some sneaky patching I think I've got enough to busk away

Thanks again all

• 2 weeks later...

Another way to copy the same cue over & over is to:-

Go to Preview

Scroll down to the cue number you want to copy

type in cue ###(your new number) Rec *

you can then do this continuously, as the new Cue will be an identical copy of the cue you are 'at' in Preview.

Submasters. The 300 series has either 24 or 48 ONLY depending on the model/build. You likely have only a 24 sub version, so the other panels are fixed as one or 2 presets. This can be handy with some clever patching though, by having the lamps(DMX/Dimmer numbers) you most want to quickly grab on those channels.

• 2 weeks later...
Submasters. The 300 series has either 24 or 48 ONLY depending on the model/build. You likely have only a 24 sub version, so the other panels are fixed as one or 2 presets. This can be handy with some clever patching though, by having the lamps(DMX/Dimmer numbers) you most want to quickly grab on those channels.

I'm not entirely sure that this is true. I seem to remember something about adding a string into one of the .txt files that the console uses, to tell it that they are all subs. The manual certainly talks about a 120 sub version.

I'm sure that one of the strand people on the site will correct me if I'm wrong.

this is a really long shot

are 300 sub wings only usable with 300 series desks or can they be used with other desks eg. 520 to give more subs?

when I go into work I'll check what connections are on it but just wondering :huh:

Phil

this is a really long shot

are 300 sub wings only usable with 300 series desks or can they be used with other desks eg. 520 to give more subs?

when I go into work I'll check what connections are on it but just wondering :huh:

Phil

I think that they will only work with 300's, this is because of the bus connection.

If you want to add more subs, then you can connect a 12 way analogue desk to the remote input on the 500.

Archived