LOLER Testing

Brian

I work for Nippy Industries, a rigging company in Huntingdon, just along the A14.

Give us a call to discuss specifics, and if we can't do it, you'll be pointed in the right direction.

Call 01480 431555 and the lovely Hannah will take some details.

Hope that helps, Brian.

Sounds right, but I would suggest that a full SWL for the set plus perhaps 10% is all that is necessary for a manual operation IMHO.

I don't see the point in proof loading lines routinely (assuming you are being sensible with selection, I.e >16mm dia), but the blocks and supporting structure should be proof loaded at installation and following significant modification. This can be done in several ways before the lines are reeved.

See BS 7905.1.

who do people use for LOLER testing of fairly simple stage systems? Prefer someone close(ish) to cambridge.

We use a guy called Jim Haire from Engineering Inspection to come in and inspect all our rigging equipment. He's based in Peterborough which isn't a million miles away from Cambridge. Just the dreaded A14 in between!

Email or PM me and I will give you his details.

Archived