Strand's new site

Salazar

Nah, the "Shattered Fresnel" (AKA Swirled S) was cool :yahoo:

there will be little chance of setting up a formal UK operation for a while yet, I think.

STRAND LIGHTING EUROPE LIMITED

ST BRIDE'S HOUSE

10 SALISBURY SQUARE

LONDON

EC4Y 8EH

Company No. 06069920

Looks pretty formal to me ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The `Archive` section has dissapeared from the `product downloads`section. ;)

Some of us still use the `non new products` of Strand.

Cheers

Gerry

Recently `upgraded` to a GSX :yahoo:

Hmmm. My gut feeling is that this might be a little taste of what might, unfortunately, be the future for users of Strand 'legacy' products (i.e. 300-series and 500-series desks and associated kit) in the UK - namely, a fairly swift winding-up of support for those products, including downloads from the website. Probably best to download whatever GeniusPro software you think you might need in the future from the 'old' site ASAP - seems as though it might not be available for much longer.

If you go to www.strandlighting.com/EU/Index.htm, the old pages are still there, with the support for the old product.
Richard, Thanks for the back-door into the old site. I've just downloaded software and manuals for our GSX and 300 consoles. I suspect I have all these somewhere already but this way I'm sure.

In that case, Dave, you're probably ideally placed to ask some pertinent questions regarding support of 'legacy' control products, availability of software/manuals/fixture files for download from the website, etc. and to report back here with the answers. Well volunteered, that man! :)

http://irwdesign.com/misc/strjpg.gif

Ahh, rescued it before it went to the big recycle bin in the sky...

PS. Mods, why not 'modify' it into a B- keep it alive as a blue room logo!

Yes I'm aware of that, I was merely pointing out that it exists...

A fair number of fully operating companies have their registered office as a solicitors/accountant, so the actual address means nothing really..

And please note, even on the other side of the pond, this death was noted:

(fair-use excerpt) Copyright The New York Times

Ken Richmond, 80, Gong-Striker Familiar to Filmgoers, Dies

By Dennis Hevesi

August 14, 2006

"Ken Richmond, the 6-foot-5, ripple-armed wrestler who for decades was seen striking the gong that heralded the opening credits for dozens of films produced by the J. Arthur Rank Studio in England, died on Aug. 3 at his home in Christchurch, on England's south coast. He was 80.

"The cause was a heart attack, said Mr. Richmond's friend, Chris Saunders.

"The famous ''golden gong'' never rang for Mr. Richmond, however. It was actually papier-mâché, and as he often joked, 'If you hit that gong, you would have gone straight through.'

"It was in 1954 that Mr. Richmond was paid a one-time fee of £100 -- about $280 at the time -- to bare his chest, grease his body and take a slow, delicate swing at a gong ...

"Mr. Richmond was actually the Rank company's fourth mock ringer ..."

STRAND LIGHTING EUROPE LIMITED

ST BRIDE'S HOUSE

10 SALISBURY SQUARE

LONDON

EC4Y 8EH

Company No. 06069920

It's just their accountant's address for registration purposes.

I worked there for 3 years before Reuters sold it off!

Archived