Moving head pars....

Ynot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you might want to have a look on 10 out of 10s web site

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/Moving...p;_Effects.html for the same units badged as showtec

Indeed - a bloke here from 10outof10 :wacko:

All these are probably made in the same factory and badged accordingly.

The showtec unit does come with a guard and a 12 month warranty. I am unsure how ebay works but do you actually get any warranty when buying from an auction site? :blink:

http://www.10outof10.co.uk/acatalog/31200.jpg

I oticed that, though the first one I watched went for £155, as I said, in auction.... :)

£155 and no warranty probably B-)

Remember the buy Price is possibly ex-VAT so add 17.5% to the bill.

B-)

£155 and no warranty probably :wacko:

Remember the buy Price is possibly ex-VAT so add 17.5% to the bill.

:blink:

B-) Of course! Though VAT gets claimed back here...

Must admit, there doesn't seem to be anything about warranty on the advert on Ebay....

...and no sign of a CE mark on the ebay ones...

If the ones on ebay actually look like they do in the picture then it would be illegal for them to carry a CE mark. It is illegal for a product placed on the market in the EU to carry a CE mark if it does not comply with the relevant standards. The ones in the picture don't comply with BS EN 60 598-2-17:1989.

However, it is also illegal to place goods on the market in the EU if they don't carry a CE mark, the importer in this case is committing a criminal offense.

The Showtec units do appear to meet the standard.

Lack of a mesh in front of the lens, with a 25mm square maximum opening, designed to catch parts of said lens should it shatter.

(If I remember correctly this standard has been quoted elsewhere in the BR, to do with source 4 units, they have a 'CE' and a non CE version too)

It is illegal for a product placed on the market in the EU to carry a CE mark if it does not comply with the relevant standards.
Yes, but it's illegal to "bring goods to market" which are not CE marked, ful stop. So, do you want to be slapped for no CE mark (blindingly obvious to the most moronic of commentators) or a technical infringement, which takes skill to spot...?

And of course, I cant use the phrase "illegal" without chortling over a joke in the crew room...

Having seen the Proel one in action, I would caution buying a whole lot of these without inspection and/or testing. The Proel one shudders quite a bit- enough to make me worry about the hot fillament of the lamp getting broken.

Nice idea though- but IMO only really a concert thing.

David

Archived