Help with cost values of lights

tommylong

Well, I've been asked to draw up a document regarding some lights we've had for about 5 years now. Turns out we don't own them at all and have been hiring them the whole time.

Anyway, they want me to stick an RRP and very-rough second-hand price to the following fixtures:

Coemar iSpot 575

Martin Wizard

Abstract VRX

Antari Fazer

This is a lot easier said than done, especially since most of these fixtures are no longer on sale!

Basically so far from a lot of googling and guestimation I have managed to compile the following:

Item RRP 2nd Hand

iSpot 575 ? ?

Wizard 1000 ?

VRX 500 ?

Fazer 350 ?

I know this is a very vague topic but could you please help me by correcting/inserting RRP values where you know mine are incorrect and giving what you would say is a very rough, but reasonably fair offer for each component if it was in good working order.

Thanks,

Tommy

What???

You've been paying a hire fee for 5 years???

Personally I'd be talking to the hire co about them writing these off, as I'd bet you've paid more than a second hand purchase price already! Maybe even price new!!!.

And let's face it, these could well have not been new when your hire began, thus reducing the perceivable value further.

That's exactly what we're planning to do. I was as shocked to be told that my lights which I was about to flog don't actually belong to us! Finance are going to talk to them... it just happens that they want me to make up a list with the RRPs and actual values of the units themselves. Hence this thread...

The AC lighting site is always good for getting list prices.

Real world prices are probably 10-15% below that if you're buying a single unit at a time, but that's difficult to "prove" so you may have to settle for list.

It may be beneficial to get the prices for a current equivalent model too. For insurance purposes this is always useful and always quote it at full list. For your purpose, though, it would be sensible to work it at a percentage off as I gather you are looking at basing calculations on a purchase price.

Steve

Archived