Strobe flash chains

ed_ld

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can help me track down some elusive lights I'd like to buy. They're 5m strobe flash chains, picture below:-

http://www1.cyranehosting.net/terralec/product_images/prd%7B8A4953D1-BB29-4BB4-981E-A115F305393A%7D.jpg

They are made by Showtec but have just been discontinued and my local dealer can't order them in, terralec are also out of stock. I thought I'd post here on the off chance that anybody may know someone who has some in stock or are willing to sell any.

I would use good old arc line but they are going inside a very intricate set and truss structure so flexibility is key. I was after four 5 metre lengths, giving me 48 flash points in total.

If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful!

Cheers!

If you fail to be able to source any of the Showtec strings (sorry can't help you there), and good old Arc Line isn't flexible enough then you might want to take a look at Pulsar's Flexi-Flash. Pretty much does exactly what it says on the tin, used it a few times and it's a great effect. You can also get it running in both directions which you can't do with Arc Line.

Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, flexiflash is a viable option but as mentioned cost is substantially higher. Does it just chase from end to end and back and forth or is it able to do random flickering? The one advantage of the cheap showtec stuff was that it did a random flash and I want the rig to 'sparkle'.

The toy stand sounds most intriguing...

cheers!

Was just browsing google and found this. Sounds like what you're looking for. Can't comment on the company though im afraid as I've never even heard of them before, let alone traded with them.

I think MUSHT is on the right lines for affordability.

The Flexi-Flash with the correct Pulsar controller for it will do nearly anything you want: one way forward or back, two way at the same time, sound to light (bass), decrease the speed of the chase and you get a flurry or flickering and stream effects plus the controller has 3 zones, so you can have 3 sets of Flexi Flash connected and the controller will fire them at random/in sequence.

But yeah, if you're budget is tight then think of something else...

Try terralec. Just seen this same looking item in their catalogue, page 150. Flash-C is the code: Strobe Flash Chain. Price is listed as 38 quid!! for a 5m string of it.. variable speed (0.5 to 0.7 seconds). Says the string has 12 tubes/modules.

Can't find it on the website, but as I said, its definitely in the new 'yellow' catalogue from them. Not sure on stock of the item, but I swear Ive seen this item in previous catalogues, so probably not some new item their waiting for stock on.

HTH.

Tom

Archived