Chest Wax

w/robe

To answer the OPs question (How long does a chest wax last before it needs re-done), this will depend very much on the individual.

I suggest you get HIM to do a trial (only a small area is necessary for the trial) and find out.

I would expect a value of 5 to 21 days.

Also remember that there is a period of time when the hair is visible but it's still too short to wax.

between waxes when the hair is too short to be waxed again but is cheekily stubbly how about bleaching it? How long is your run? and how dedicated is your actor.

Also please stick with jagua tats and don't even try black henna, which has nothing to do with henna and is a dangerous chemical compound. Real henna is greeny brown in colour and leaves a reddy brown stain. Accept no imitations.

between waxes when the hair is too short to be waxed again but is cheekily stubbly how about bleaching it? How long is your run? and how dedicated is your actor.

The run is from the beginning of December to the end of January, which I think will be 2 or possibly 3 waxings. I am told be people in the know that the 1st time is the worst.

As for the dedication of the actor. In one performance, last time he worked here, he dislocated his shoulder half way through Act I but insisted on doing all the rest of the show while in tears before going to hospital. He was then in early for the next performance working out how he could wear his costumes and do the action whilst his arm was in a sling.

w/robe Posted Today, 2:32 PM

As for the dedication of the actor. In one performance, last time he worked here, he dislocated his shoulder half way through Act I but insisted on doing all the rest of the show while in tears before going to hospital. He was then in early for the next performance working out how he could wear his costumes and do the action whilst his arm was in a sling.

That certainly is dedication! :)

interesting demographic on this thread - I know the question is about CHEST hair, but I would have thought there would have been more than just the one reply from persons of the female persuasion, if only to savour the delights of some blokes going through the pain barrier.....

People of both sexes are allowed to saver the thought of an actor going though the pain barrier! Even if this one is particularly dedicated.

On the henna front I can say that the natural stuff doesn't last that long (I reckon you'll apply every other show if you go down that route) , though I two have heard many horror stories of what the unnatural stuff can do to you.

Apparently (and this is scientifically proven, I kid you not) the more you think about sex, the hairier you will be.

I've often wondered why I look like a mountain guerrilla, mabye now I've found the answer :)

I can not decide, from Just Some Bloke's post, if it means that those of us who are hirsute are sexual colossi or dirty old men.

Just to keep you all informed the waxing will be courtesy of The Salon, Hay's Galleria, London Bridge for a credit in the programme (Mr. Lane's chest wax by....)

This must be the longest thread in 'Props and Wardrobe' for years, I shall report back further.

• 3 weeks later...

Well gents, as a lady who waxes I think that for the first time you could hope for about a week hair free....then the stubble comes....and can be quite itchy so be watch out for red marks from scratching!

Also your skin will be quite sensitive immediately afterwards so you might want to wait a day before applying the tattoo.

The problem is that (although some waxes claim they can remove hair 3mm long) few are really that effective. So if you need to be hairless for longer than a week you will probably need to switch to shaving. Cheap conditioner is just a good as shaving foam. :)

Just to report back as it is now 8 days since the waxing and a week since we tattooed.

The waxing he described as 'not pleasant' which I would have thought was the understatement of the year. It may have helped that though I told him he was booked to have it done by Tony, in fact Toni was very attractive. His chest became bright red and lumpy a problem that has still not completely subsided.

The tattoo took quite a long time to apply (3 bottles of red wine to be precise) though most of this time was the Designer working out the pattern. It has now faded to a point where it is not easily discernible from the middle of the auditorium so we will probably have to do it slightly more frequently than once a week

Archived