Best Lantern?

Frag_Me

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I help out amdram and the Patt 123 gets my vote for the best 1/2K lantern even though it has a non user friendly colour frame. Agree with the Patt 223/743 comments.

Best profile is the Pacific because of the plastic fergo's.

Personally: The Strand Quartet F Gets my vote

[...]

It's a lovely robust thing, never had any fail on me

Well a couple of weeks ago we had dubious smoke coming out of one because the earthing wire had ended up touching the lamp. So not perfect, imho.

Strong Super Trooper 2. Best. Followspot. Ever.

Another vote for the Pacific, much better that the Source 4 in just about every way.

And the Generic El Cheapo LED Par56. For less than £50? So good I have 90 on order (no I'm not kidding)

In the current age, I think I will have to pick both an intelligent fixture and a generic.

Intelligent: very hard to pick but for a wash light - VL5, there brilliant, how can you not like them! and a profile its hard to pick between a 2k and a VL2000 but I think it has to be the VL2000 on reliability, and optics!

Generic: S4 profile for everything, service, support, reliability, light output, optics, what a unit!

I must say, what a great idea for a topic!

Ta

Tank!

Profiles: Patt 23 MK2 onwards is still hard to beat for small applications, current Profiles Source 4 Zoom or ADB Warp - though the Pacific 90 degree is an excellent tool. If money no object in a large Venue then Neithammer every time.

Fresnels: Patt 123 best ever small fresnel, Patt 743 is outstanding, Patt 243, though weighty, also a great Fresnel. Current Fresnels only really ADB Europe 1K any good.

Source 4 PAR MCM or Parnel have to be contenders!

Favourite Floods: AC 1000 and the Acclaim Flood (Why oh why did Selecon stop making it?)

Fave Followspot still the Pani short throw - virtually indestructable!

Robert Juliat PCs, with the fancy barndoors, and the super-smooth lamp tray action, and the super-duper light output.

Man, I wish I could afford the damn things.

In the affordable range, for price vs performance, these Selecon Acclaim Axials I have these days are brilliant. Nice and compact, too. Good for shinbusters - don't do too much "busting"

Another vote for the Robert Juliat's PC - the one that you could change it lense and turn it into a fresnel..damn expensive but worth buying!

Fav Followspot: Anything from Robert Juliat looks good to me

Fav ML: The VL2000 and the 1000+3000 for impressive zoom

and the Par 64 obviously

Archived