Worst lantern?

pritch

What, in your opinion, is the worst lantern ever made? Either in terms of longevity, brightness or whatever?

I ask because I found a Pat 45 at the back of our lighting store the other day, and it struck me as being spectacularly useless; somewhat reminiscent of a malnourished glow-worm. What were Strand thinking? At the very least, they could have stuck a pie case on the back door of the lantern so as to not leave it completely reflectorless!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ask because I found a Pat 45 at the back of our lighting store

best use of a Patt 45:

Turn it upside down, place a load of compost inside and plant flowers in it!!

:D

Mark

Could this be the origin of the miss-use of "Bulb" instead of "Lamp"?

:D

The first person to mention a Patt. 23 in this thread (aside from that one, obviously) gets a spanking.

The point is that older lights are...older. You have to view them in terms of when they were first created and the competition at that time.

You need to at least justify your choice. unless you are just stirring the pot! :D

Financially the worst thing to happento my show budgets. I have no S4 stock but lighting designers all love them. To the extent I had a LD basically refusing to do a design unless I hired them as "all other profiles are rubbish compared to them"

Maybe if hire companies stopped ripping people off on the hire of them I might not mind them as much.

So to justify my statement the worst thing to happen in terms of lanterns due to designers complete belief that you must have them to design.

AC1000 floodlights, not sure who they are made by. The colour magazines are dangerous because they dont have an attachment for a safety chain, also they are prone to fall off even with the smallest inperfection in the runners.

Archived